I'm interested in getting a Brazillian butt lift & tummy tuck. I currently weight about 200 and I'm about 5'5".

How much should I weight before surgery?

BBL TT Candidate

Hinand thanks for the question. Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is currently 33. The common desired BMI is 30 or less which means ideally the you would need to lose a small amount of weight to be an ideal candidate although some exceptions can be made for healthy people with stable weight. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Being at your goal weight is best

It is best to be within 10- 15 pounds of your desired weight before undergoing body contouring.  You should also have a BMI below 30 and for your height that would mean a weight of approximately 175 pounds.

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight (BMI) & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. It all depends... each person carries their weight differently.  I have performed large frame BBL on people with your measurements; please see video below.  I would be wary as there are a lot of "Before & After" Photos showing large frame individuals coming out super tiny...those photos aren't real. 
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
#TopREALSELFDoctor
#CoreREALSELFDoctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

It is impossible to tell if you are a candidate without no pictures provided.  A BMI of less then 30 would be good in order to be healthy for the procedure. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.  Thank you for your question .

Rami Ghurani, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon