What can be done to improve the appearance of my legs and butt? (photos)

I have indents in my saddle bag area, my calves and ankles are large and cellulite filled, and since I've had children and lost weight my butt is sagging. I work out and eat right but can't seem to get my legs to look good

What can be done to improve the appearance of my legs and butt?

GreetingsThank you for your question. I recommed fat transfer, fat transfer is a widely used and effective method in patients with volume loss in any part of their body. The excess fat tissue is taken and transferred to the desired site during the operation in order to provide volume. However the viability of fat cells (adipocytes) after the transfer is the most important step since the viability of a damaged adipocyte is decreased and it will be lead to cell death if the damage is unfixable as it is in most conditions. There are several fat transfer methods developed for increasing the viability of the adipocytes however they all have shortcomings.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Butt and legs

you could get a nice improvement in both areas with lipo to your legs with fat transfer to your bottom. the amount of improvement is dependent on how much fat is removed from your legs, the scan be transferred to your buttocks. you will get some improvement in all areas.

Limits of Fat transfer

One of the most common obstacles facing those seeking buttock augmentation via fat transfer (BBL) is that of the paucity of available donor sites. There are two sides to the fat transfer equation: a paucity of fat in the gluteal region and an excess of fat in other areas suitable for donor harvest.Due to anticipated losses in both processing and graft take, my harvest goal can be as high a 2 liters (which can hopefully yield a transfer of 500cc per cheek). In a fit individual, this harvest goal can be limiting. That being said, patient in which less is harvested can undergo transfer, they may have to adjust their expectations for the ultimate augmentation effect.Based upon your photos, you have a fit and athletic build. This may limit donor harvest with the goal of augmentation. However, if the primary goal is contour correction (not augmentation) a more conservative transfer may be possible.Ultimately, your questions are best addressed via an in-person consultation and exam by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

A physical exam is necessary. Based on your photos- liposuction with fat transfer may be helpful- but you may not have enough fat. Also, keep in mind that overtime- fat can disappear. Best, to be seen in person and then a treatment plan will be created

BBL

I would say a BBL would help fill out the buttock region, but it does not look like you have enough fat to do so. You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Based on the photos, I would suggest liposuction of the saddle bag area. This fat could then be placed in the depressed lateral gluteal region if you would like more fullness there. Regarding the indentations on the thighs, I would suggest a Cellfina consultation. Cellfina is an FDA approved, in office procedure to treat cellulite. Good luck!

Buttock fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction with fat grafting to the buttocks.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Body contouring

You have a very deep lateral gluteal depression and a more prominent saddlebag area.  I would recommend liposuction and lipografting to smooth out this contour, removing from the saddlebag area and hip area and filling the depressed area.  A very conservative reduction of medial and lateral thigh fat with liposuction would also be recommended.  Best wishes, Dr. T.