Does a smaller implant (250cc) with mod +profile sound realistic for my body type? Looking for a small C cup. (photos)

I understand that this inquiry does not replace a physical exam and consult. I am 5' 9", 135lbs and 32B. I have included current pictures of I would like to be a small c, and increase fullness in the top poles of my breasts. I have included a pic of a model with my ideal breats. I want to have a natural result, but just improve the overall balance of my body. Does a smaller implant (250cc) with mod +profile sound realistic? I am planning to start booking consultation appointments soon.

Best fit for Implants

You seem to have a good idea of what you want to achieve with breast augmentation. With the amount of breast tissue you appear to have and a narrow, athletic frame, a smaller base implant with a moderate profile should satisfy a proportioned, bustier appearance. As mentioned, specific measurements and skin elasticity/dimensional analysis performed by your board certified plastic surgeon should narrow the choices of implants appropriately.

Good Luck!

Does a smaller implant (250cc) with mod +profile sound realistic for my body type? Looking for a small C cup.

As you know it is difficult to judge from photographs only but I would be considering implants in the 260 to 320 mL range mid profile or mid-plus.  I feel my patients benefit from the flexibility of allowing me to choose the actual implant size on the operating room table when I can see the size and contour of the patient's breasts while they are asleep and in a semi-upright position.  Using test implants or sizers I make the final selection and only then choose the permanent implant.  As you will see, other surgeons prefer to have the patient preselect the implant but I enjoy the flexibility of my approach and feel that it benefits my patients.

I think that the first of your three model pictures shows a somewhat larger breast than the latter two and I would adjust the final selection based on your preference. Good luck to you and best wishes, I think you will have an outstanding result since your breasts have a natural nice shape.  Enjoy your results,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for your excellent question and photograph.  Based on your pictures alone I think a 250cc implant will make a nice, natural, and noticeable change in your current breast appearance to approximate your desired small C cup.  In order to maximize upper pole fullness, lean towards a higher fill implant, such as the Natrelle Inspiras.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Congratulations on choosing a realistic, natural looking  appropriate 250 cc moderate profile plus breast implant.  The 250 cc moderate plus profile is the most common size in my practice that leads to a natural looking result and a happy patient.  You have excellent breast anatomy to start with and should be able to achieve a very nice result.  Your implants should be placed underneath the chest muscle with an incision in the inframammary crease underneath the breast.  I am assuming that your breast base width is wide enough to accommodate this implant which I'm sure it is.  Please choose your plastic surgeon very carefully.  Consult at least 2 plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who have excellent reviews and experience.  Congratulations and good luck.

Implant choice

I think based on the photos and your description, the implant you have indicated could be sufficient for you to reach your goals. See a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck!

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Does a smaller implant (250cc) with mod +profile sound realistic for my body type? Looking for a small C cup

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 300ml-350ml to fill the breasts properly.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

I think that will give you a beautiful result.

I think that a breast implant in that range will give you a very nice result. The key is to place the implant under the muscle and likely with a dual plane technique. Seek out a surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and go for it! Good luck. 

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon