I am 2 weeks post op and insanely itchy. I've read its common after lipo, but what can I do to make it less unbearable.

It feels ok while I am naked, but within ten minutes of not having my garment on I started getting hard and lumpy like a bag of rocks. The itching makes me want to rip my skin off. I've applied vitamin e, sunburn stuff and anti itch cream but it's still itchy. It's been pretty non stop since this morning and I don't know what else to apply to alleviate the itching

Itchiness after liposuction

Thank you for the question! It is rather difficult to fully evaluate your situation without an in-person exam. It is not uncommon to experience some swelling and discomfort following liposuction. In particular, the itchy sensation you're describing may be due to an irritation or disruption of the nerves. Given the fact that you had your procedure done fairly recently, I don't think you have any major reasons to be concerned. Give it some time, these symptoms usually resolve on their own in six to eight weeks after the procedure.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your situation and guarantee an individualized medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

See your surgeon , if available, in person (but in clinic setting very hard to see your operative surgeon ever). See Dermatologist, start on Medrol dose sack. Good luck...

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz