I had 6 sites treated at the same time around the tummy section; 2 lower abs, 2 upper abs, 1 treatment on each side of the tummy

i am terribly bloated, it has been 6days post procedure...is this terribly bad? Also for the number of sites that I treated, does it take longer to see results and would the bloating go on for longer than normal since it was all in one area and same day. procedure was about 6 plus hours in total for all sites....guidance please

Thank you for your question. It is normal to feel swollen for 2-3 weeks. If you are concerned, please speak to your treating physician.

Hi and thanks for your question. I am sorry to hear about the swelling but it is more common when multiple contiguous areas are treated at the same session. Continue with the postoperative care provided by your practice and best of luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

In my practice we do a combination of lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, and double compression with oral diuretics at this time.  It is normal to have swelling for weeks to months after liposuction.  I suggest you speak to your physician if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.