I want better shaped breasts! Suggestions?

I am a 34c. However, they don't look like a 34c. It's not because I wear the wrong bra size or that they are saggy. It's because I have a wide rib cage and my breasts are a little farther apart than average and are more of a teardrop shape. If I were to augment to a D or whatever size the doctor suggests, would I achieve a fuller, rounder shape? And give he appearance of more cleavage?

Better shaped breasts

Without examining your breasts, it's difficult to say what can be achieved with augmentation alone.While implants enlarge the breasts, and can influence the shape greatly, they don't create an entirely different breasts. Some problems, such as wide spacing between the breasts, are not easily addressed, particularly with submuscular implants. It's important that you thoroughly discuss these concerns with your surgeon so that he can explain what expectations are reasonable

Breast augmentation and cleavage

Breast augmentation can enlarge your cup size, and it may simulate more cleavage.  It will not bring your breasts closer together (at least it shouldn't).  However, cleavage can be caused by larger breasts being pushed together; also, breasts with increased projection (larger cup size) tend to have more of the appearance of cleavage anyways.   I do not usually advocate for altering the body's natural borders of the breast.  I think you can still get what you want without doing that.  It is very difficult to comment without pictures to comment on.  An in person consultation is best of all.  Please seek a surgeon certified by the The American Board of Plastic Surgery for the best evaluation of your options.  

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Thank you for our question.  An augmentation will give you fuller rounder breasts but without a consult or pictures, we cannot comment on the cleavage.  Cleavage will be effected not only by implants but how wide your breast bone is and also on your choice of putting implants above or below the muscle.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Saggy breasts and implants

Implants only add volume. If your breasts are saggy, then I suggest you consider a breast lift. Best to be seen i in person.

want better shaped breasts! Suggestions?

Good question.  Tough to give a specific recommendation without photos but you should definitely achieve better cleavage fullness and contour with breast implants.  If your cleavage is very wide with widely spaced nipples, you may need support to achieve the maximum effect of the implant volume in your cleavage area.  If your cleavage is narrow, a properly sized implant base and volume will optimize your cleavage and your shape. My best advice is to meet with a couple of ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons to get individual recommendations based on your actual anatomy.  Remember that both too large and too small an implant may not provide the best aesthetics for you so allowing the doctor to make a choice of implants in surgery based on how you actually look makes the most sense to me.  Best wishes.   Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Dimensional Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Ideally, your Plastic Surgeon would use dimensional breast augmentation techniques to carefully measure your breasts and chest proportions, then select breast implants with the correct diameter and projection to give you the look that you want. When implants are properly fitted to your breasts you can achieve a very proportionate look which compliments your anatomy. Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon  who specializes in this area.
All the best

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. SchwartzBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Better shaped breasts

Hi Kyla,
Thank you for your question. Breast augmentation today is better than it ever has been because of the large variety of different shapes, widths and profiles. This allows us to dial in the perfect fit for a patient's frame and size. You ps will be able to talk with you about your wishes and wants after performing a detailed exam to help you achieve your goals. Best of luck!
Dr. Basile

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Without photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Years of experience have taught me that without a physical exam and a complete awareness of the latest implant construction, design, and contour -it's impossible to make the best recommendation. I suggest you see an experienced Board Certified PS with a minimum of 10 years of experience

Breast surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Implants could help but it depends on your breast anatomy. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD