I need some info on chemical peels

Hello I have very bad hyper pigmentation on my inner thighs from severe chaffing and rubbing when I was severely overweight. It's been years and over 100 pounds lost and it has never cleared up. I would like some info on chemical peels for this condition. What is it like to get a chemical peel? Does it make the skin peel for several days? Do they work well for lightening the skin? What would be an estimate of cost for this?

Pigmentation in Groin -- VI peels and lightening cream

I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatolgist who specializes in peels, lasers and skin care.  There is no cure for this but you can get improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Pigmentation and the Skin

It sounds like from the information that you provided that you would most benefit from just starting topical therapy to help these dark areas.  Please consult a specialist in chemical peels for the best advice.