I feel my implants are too big, will they get smaller within time? (Photos)

I had a breast lift and augmentation this past Tuesday (28th June.) I am 5ft, 137lbs and had 400cc implants. I told my doc I didn't want to be huge and out of proportion however I feel they are massive and it's really getting me down.

I feel my implants are too big, will they get smaller within time?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred. You may also be happier once the swelling AROUND the breast implants dissipates and the implants' shape and projection become more visible. Patients often report that they are happier with the cleavage area once these changes occur also.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.
  In your case, I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes or an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term. 

Are they to big?

Thank you for your recent question and photos!  Right now you are very early in the healing process and as swelling comes down, the implants settle you well feel much more comfortable.  Give it some time, and by time I mean 3-6 months.  The implants will settle and the shape and fullness will calm down and begin to look natural.  Best of luck!

Swelling, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You are very early in your recovery.  Try to be patient and wait at least three months before you make your final assessment.  
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Implants and swelling

You are likely pretty swollen and so you need to be patient and give it time to settle.  Best of luck.

Too Big?

This is a super common initial impression by patients. Not only are they swollen, but the tightness/resistance of the overlying tissues forces more of the volume toward the top so they appear much bigger - especially to you since you are looking down at the top of the implants. Notice how the bottoms are more "empty". As the weeks/months pass by, more of the volume will settle into the bottom allowing for a more pleasing result. There is a also a psychological component to what you are experiencing which makes sense once you consider it. This is a brand new experience for you and it takes some time to adjust to your new look. All of these reasons can create the anxiety you are currently experiencing. Allow things to progress and change over a minimum of three months and then you will begin to have a better idea of how satisfied you are. While no one can guarantee you will be happy with the final result, most are and you are MONTHS too early to be evaluating this.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast implant size

Your result looks very nice , but you certainly are not small. Most patients who think they are too big at first change their minds after a few weeks. The sudden change takes a while to get used to. Personally I have my patients try on sizers to make sure they know and agree with the final selection. Give it time.  Good luck.