I have an old acne scar on my chin that is suddenly getting deeper and deeper. What could cause this? (Photo)

I have an old acne scar on my chin that is suddenly getting deeper and deeper. I had CO2 laser a month ago with no improvement. What could cause this? Will fillers correct it?

Consider a combination of microneedling, subcision, and Bellafill

Thank you for your question and photo. Sometimes acne scars can become more prominent with aging as there are changes that occur in the density and structure of the skin and underlying subcutaneous tissues. Based on the photo provided, I think you would be a great candidate for microneedling (which will stimulate the collagen in and around the scar), subcision (loosening up the fibrous bands underneath the scar that are making it appear depressed), and Bellafill injection (a semi-permanent filler that will fill in the acne scar). If considering any of these treatments, I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon and dermatologist familiar with these procedures who can help you determine what treatment or combination of treatments will provide you the best outcome!

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon