Is this an hematoma? (Photos)

I had a BA, I was 32 A, got 390cc. Today is my 3rd day post op. The first night I had horrible pain on my right breast. I woke up the day after feeling better. My PS checked me and ask me to wait until our second appointment. My muscle is very swollen and tight, and I have bruises on the side of my breast. Im crying a lot, this is not what I expected. Would you please give me your opinion? He said could be a muscle spasm; I don't have any pain on my breast, only may back and my right arm.

Is this an hematoma?

Appears as either hematoma in upper outer axillary area or upward displaced impact or both. Best to see your surgeon TDAY.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon at this time to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast hematoma

Thank you for the question. I do not believe you have a hematoma the amount of swelling you have three days after your breast augmentation is fairly typical. Swelling will be  the worst 2 to 3 days following surgery.  Is not unusual to have more swelling on one side versus the other. I think it was wise of you to contact your surgeon.  If your symptoms get worse I would not hesitate to contact him or her again.  Good luck 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Post BA pain

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture it does not look like a hematoma. It is possibly muscle spasm. Muscle relaxants may help. Please follow instructions from your PS

Hematoma?

Based on your pictures, I do not think you have a hematoma. Transaxillary breast augmentation, especially with large implants, will not uncommonly result in more post operative pain and implants that sit high in the pockets. Most of the time the pain subsides in a few days and the implants settle into a better position with time. A push-down strap and massage may help. Most importantly, you need to stay in close communication with your surgeon so that he/she can help you during this scary time.

William H. Gorman, MD

Is this an hematoma?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your breast pain after surgery.  Though your pictures are not concerning for a hematoma I would recommend keeping in close communication with your surgeon to ensure that your muscle spasms are treated appropriately and that you go on to have an uncomplicated recovery.  Best wishes on your healing.

Is this a hematoma?

Thanks for this important question. Hematomas have 3 major symptoms - pain, bruising and a larger breast when compared to the opposite side. There may be some additional swelling or hematoma on the top right breast, but I cannot tell on the photos whether you have a hematoma fro sure. You will need to follow up with your surgeon once again and be carefully examined. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD