Why do I have firm, red swelling under both eyes 2 weeks after lower blepharoplasty and fat transfer?

2 weeks after my procedure, I have developed red lumps that expanded into firm areas of swelling under both eyes. It seemed to be reducing for a couple of days, and the redness disappeared, but it suddenly swelled up again and became red again (see photos). When palpated, the area feels firm to the touch, and bulges out. What is this phenomena and when will it go away? Thanks.

Without posted photos best to see your surgeon in person again or seek paid in person second opinions!

At 2 weeks, icing will make no difference.

I personally do not like fat grafting for this area.  Fat grafts get lumpy, bumpy.  This phase can last several months but eventually this should settle down.  When this persist, revision surgery may be needed.  Consider posting photographs for a more definitive answer.

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful if your photos did attach. Ice water-soaked compresses applied to the eyelid area every hour for a minimum of ten minutes will reduce the swelling, bruising and redness. I suggest you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon for additional recovery techniques.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon