Should I do a breast lift or reduction but can my areolas stay the same size? (Photo)

I'm considering getting something done on my breast after the end of summer I'm a size 34G and have always been busty. I'm ok with that but I'm concern my breast are sagging too much for me only being 25 yo. I'm interested in a lift but because of the size not sure a reduction is better however I like the size of my areolas and nipples and don't want them smaller what should I do? I'm 5'4 and weight about 155 pounds.

Should I do a breast lift or reduction but can my areolas stay the same size?

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Breast lift and areolaes/nipple size

When considering a breast lift, the nipple size is unlikely to change, but the diameter (width) of the areola is typically downsized.  This makes it easier to bring them out in the correct location, and typically a downsize is appropriate, as the areola ideally is proportional to the breast tissue and location.  There can be some variation with the downsizing, however, and this should be discussed with your surgeon.

Seek a board certified plastic surgeon (certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery) to discuss the possibilities with.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Thank you for your question and photos.
I think you will benefit from a small breast reduction and areola reduction to match. Choosing to keep your current areola size may not look right after your breast lift. However, if you insist, this can be done. Do your research. Look for breasts similar to yours with your body dimensions and then make an educated decision. You also don't have to choose the anchor technique. Take a look at the video below to see what can be accomplished with more current methods. 
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a size is a matter of personal preference

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift or reduction. The nipple will cover the entire front of your breast if it is not reduced.   Whether you want to go smaller will determine whether a lift is appropriate.

Breast lift and nipple size

You look to be a good candidate for either a breast lift or a reduction. I think this will reshape your breasts and get them in a much better position. Your aerolas can stay the same size if you wish. Good luck.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift or reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question.  If you want to go smaller in size, go with a breast reduction, which also lifts your breasts and nipple position.  Your areola size can remain the same size if you wish.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS