Follow-Up Question - Wish breast were a little bigger is upgrading up 100 cc going to show a difference cc fullness? (photos)

I had a ba 2 weeks ago and unhappy with results one breast is a lot bigger than the other. My right has 475 cc and my left has 450cc. Even though my right has more cc is smaller than the left and it really bothers me. Will they even out? And will breast look bigger once they drop?? Thinking about going up 100cc in 6 months once they heel.

To see previous question, please click here. 

give it some time, things will settle, your breasts are still swollen from your recent surgery, there is often and pretty much always some difference in size from right to left, we as PS try to make up the size difference with two different sized implants, which clearly makes it better, but rarely is it perfect. going up 100cc will give you a difference that you can notice, I would wait a good 4-6 months and see how things settle and look at that time, then consider going bigger. 

Breast augmentation

You are very early post-op, and you need to give it time to heal.  Best of luck. All breasts are asymmetric, and some more than others.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Follow-Up Question - Wish breast were a little bigger is upgrading up 100 cc going to show a difference cc fullness?

Thank you for your question and photograph, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  Though they will not get bigger, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Still would wait t3 months postop to be sure you really desire LARGER implants. But I would go 650 to 700 cc if you were still exchanging.

Assymetry after breast augmentation surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. Keep in mind that no one will replace your own plastic surgeon when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and meaningful reassurance.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.

Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 

There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.   

You are still very early in the healing process and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside, the tissues relax, and your implants settle. Once everything has healed, you may find that you love your size. Remember, this is the size that you and your surgeon selected.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Give it 6 months

2 weeks is very early in the healing process and you may have more swelling on one side than the other.  Once the swelling resolves you might feel more even in size.  I think you should hold out on deciding on your size and wether you like your result till you have given 4-6 months of healing time.  If you wait 6 months and you still want to be bigger I would say that 100 cc may or may not be enough to get you were you want to be.  In my experience if the increase isn't at least 200 cc then women don't feel like there was a big enough size increase.  Once you've reached the final healing at 4-6 months then evaluate if a full cup size larger is what you want.  It would take an increase of about 200+ cc to get that.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns and Best Wishes!

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Increase in Breast Size with increase of 100cc

Yes you would notice an increase in size with a 100cc.  I would recommend you wait a full six months as you are very early on after your surgery and your breast will  change significantly over the next 3-5 months and will likely become more similar in size and shape over that time.  Best of luck with your recovery.  

Raymond Jean MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Bryn Mawr Philadelphia PA

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon