Do I need a breast augmentation and tummy tuck revision? What's the cost? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 10
All the best,
Surgeon won't do revision at 6 months
- Your photos show that your scars have not finished maturing -
- First of all, wait another 6 months.
- Your results look good - although there are no before photos to compare.
- Unless it is spelled out in the surgeon's policy, a surgeon is not required to re-operate and the decision rests with the surgeon.
- Nor is a surgeon required to reoperate for free - although many of us do minor revisions at no cost.
- You cannot make the surgeon do what you want if the surgeon does not agree with you.
- Your breast result looks very nice - it is likely you were asymmetric before surgery so check your pre-operative photos.
- The belly button appears a little large - but photos can be misleading.
- The scars are dark - this draws attention to them.
- I don't see a dog ear scar - I do see asymmetry. This may not be possible to correct.
- The best approach with your surgeon is one of appreciation of the improvement and a discussion of what to expect in the next six months, what s/he suggests for the skin darkening and what s/he might do if anything to improve the result to your satisfaction - knowing that it truly may be best to accept the result.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
About a Mommy Makeover & the Costs
It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org. Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
You might also like...
Six months is too early to consider mommy makeover revision.
Is revision surgery appropriate
Regarding your belly button scar and the concerns about the uneven transition on your tummy tuck scar, I would encourage you to allow some additional time to pass as your scar is still very immature and fading of the scar is possible. I have seen scars go from pink to nearly faded even up to more than a year after surgery. Darker scars may need a topical skin cream to assist in the lightening process. Sun protection is of utmost importance. If you proceed with any type of revision, allowing some additional time to pass so that your tissues soften up will make any revisional surgery easier to complete.
Do I need a breasts revision?..........
Do not like your results
the breast is asymmetrical and requires revision that cost is nearly the same as the original cost for the breast augmentation. Although the revision sometimes is more work than the original surgery
Should I get revision surgery for uneven breasts after breast augmentation and an unsightly belly button scar after tummy tuck?
Thanks for your question.
One limitation of breast augmentation is that it cannot completely even out the normally asymmetric starting breasts that every woman has. Mild differences can be made smaller and larger differences less so. Breast lifting surgery is often necessary to create more even breasts, but they leave patients will extensive scarring at times.
You should point out to your surgeon what it is you want as an end goal and stand your ground.
A request for revision of a belly button scar is really minor in my opinion. It is easy to perform in the office under local anesthesia.
A larger breast implant can be placed into your smaller breast to more closely even out the look. It won't be perfect but it will be better.
Speak with your surgeon and speak with their staff about what disappoints you about your results. You would be surprised how eager they end up being to help you.
If that doesn't work you could get a second opinion from a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon in your community.