How would I go about getting a Brazilian butt lift, if I don't have much body fat? (photos)

I'm 5'5 and weight 125 pounds, I've been trying my best to gain weight. But not having any luck, I really don't want to get butt implants only because they don't look natural to me personally. I'm looking to be very curvy. I've added two pictures of me and two pictures of the shape I'm going for. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brazilian butt lift in thin patients and the use larger surface or multiple donor sites during liposuction

The truth is, many patients think they have little donor fat to make BBL a viable option.  However, we can compensate this by treating a larger surface area or more donor sites during liposuction.  Furthermore, the lower back and flanks (and possibly the frontal abdomen as well) are contoured via liposuction to improve the profile of the buttocks.

Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs BBL and its ancillary procedures (e.g., liposuction, implants, and butt lift) on a regular basis to achieve your desired results. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

How would I go about getting a Brazilian butt lift, if I don't have much body fat?

I think that thinner patients can have great results with maximal fat harvest and fat transfer.

BBL with limited donor fat

The question of whether a patient has "enough fat" is relative to their goals and expectations. Most patients have adequate fat for transfer, however, adequate for transfer does not necessarily guarantee a particular result. There must be some correlation between expectations and reality in order to ultimately obtain a satisfactory outcome. 

BBL or buttock augmentation is an excellent option for contouring the hip and buttocks area. However, there are limits to what can be accomplished. The primary limits are:

-donor sites available for fat transfer (remember mutliple smaller sites can be harvested)

-patient anatomy

Patients often forget that their shape is defined by more than mere fat content. Bone and muscle structure also plays a critical role in defining shape. While fat transfer can add to these contours, it cannot create them de novo. Patients with narrow hips will be hard pressed to achieve a dramatic contrast in waist to hip ratio.

With regards to your specific question, your options include silicone implant, BBL, or a combination of the two. Many patients are hesitant about considering implants due to the perceived unnatural look. This can potentially be softened using fat transfer (lower relative volume than BBL). Based on your photos, you appear to be a reasonable candidate for surgery, although you may have to temper your expectations somewhat.

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

BBL with limited donor fat

-patient anatomy

BBL Question

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. If you have little body fat, you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. I do not recommend patients gaining weight prior to surgery because weight fluctuations before or after the procedure can affect your results. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help you achieve a curvier look. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

BBL Question

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. The only way to have a BBL with your desired look is to add fat to your body to transfer. Increasing calories and decreasing the amount of aerobic activity is the way to do this. There are medications like Megace that can also help you gain weight. Best of Luck - Dr. Hardy...

BBL for thinner patients

Thanks for your question. I recommend  gaining about 5-10 pounds to allow for fat harvest from the abdominal and flank areas or from the legs/thigh areas 

I also recommend decreasing cardio from your work out regimens and increasing more weight training exercises. Good luck!

BBL for thinner patients

A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.

I will tell you with 25 years experience that implants will not give you a natural look and are up to 60% rejected from the body. Your own fat will be not rejected and give you that natural look and you will not loose the fat after your 6 months procedure.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Butt implants

Hi, thanks for sharing your concern and photos with us!

First I want to congratulate you for making this important decision. Deciding to get an aesthetic procedure to change your body and get a new life style is a big step!

Looking at your photos I might say that you´ll be a great candidate to get a Butt implants with implants. The size of the implant will depend of what you want and what your body support; the results of this procedure are beautiful, giving you and excellent shape. 

Before all this, of course, you need to get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory exams to check everything is fine. For us your safety, always, is going to be first.

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Butt implants

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Brazilian Butt Augmentation BBL

Dear Patient: From the photos that you posted there is some fat I could graft from your abdomen your flanks and probably your back.  I would say about al least 200cc per each side.  Please always choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to have this procedure done its highly recommendable! Hope this helps!

Brazilian Butt Augmentation BBL