Is Botox safe while breastfeeding?

If not how long after treatment would it take to leave your breast milk?

Botox and Breastfeeding

There have been no studies to support the safety of Botox while breast feeding.  It is not recommended to do cosmetic injections while pregnant or while breast feeding.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox while pregnant or breast feeding

I would not recommend getting Botox during pregnancy or breast feeding. There is no human study showing safety.

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

No Botox while Pregnant or Breast Feeding

Cosmetic Botox injections have not been studied in pregnant or breast-feeding women. It is not known how much Botox enters into breast milk. Similarly, it is not known how long it would take to leave your breast milk. 

Therefore, it is definitely not recommended to get Botox at this time. Congratulations on your baby!

Henry Lee, MD
Warren Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and breastfeeding

Although I am not aware of any studies done in this area, I would avoid any Botox during breastfeeding just to be safe.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Botox

I would recommend not having botox or xeomin injections while you are pregnant. There aren't any studies to demonstrate it is safe in pregnancy.

Botox

Hi,

Congratulations on your baby!! Botox injections are not recommended while you are breastfeeding. There has not been any studies showing if it is a safe procedure while breastfeeding.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Botox and breastfeeding

Hi Bellemia,

Congrats on the baby. Studies on pregnant or breast feeding women have not been done so the medical recommendation is for you not to get Botox while breastfeeding.

Dr. M

Morgan Rabach, MD

Botox and breastfeeding

It is recommended that you do not get botox while pregnant or breastfeeding.  Once you have finished breastfeeding you can safely have botox

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and Breast feeding

Botox has not been studied in pregnant or breastfeeding women.  It is best to wait until you are no longer nursing your baby to start Botox.    

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Is Botox Safe While Breastfeeding?

Thank you for your question.  Botox is not recommended while pregnant or breastfeeding.  Once you have completed breastfeeding, you can resume your Botox treatments.  Botox lasts for 3-6 months, with an average duration of 4 months.  Hope this helps and best wishes!