Is it possible to track a doctor if he's using authentic Botox?

Is it possible to track a doctor if he's using authentic Botox? Will Allergan know? Can Allergan check it by license number to track his orders? Just want to be safe. Thanks

Authentic Botox

Hi Lora thank you for your question. If you're questioning your doctor's integrity, it may be a good idea to start doing some research in an effort to locate a good, trustworthy and reputable doctor in your area. I always draw out my botox in front of patients and I'm sure any reliable doctor would be willing to do that upon request. You could ask your doctor to show you the vial and box as well. Asking questions and gathering information is always good and any authentic doctor would appreciate it. 

Authentic Botox

Hello and thank you for your question. I'm not sure of a way to track an office/physician's purchasing records. But it is probably easier and better to find a reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with experience with Botox/Dysport injections to assist you. They should be happy to show you the product or even draw it up in front of you. Best wishes.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Authentic Botox

Hello and thanks for your question. I do not think Allergan is permitted to provide a physician's ordering history to patients. You could see if your doctor is listed on the Botox Physician Finder, but this still does not guarantee use of authentic product or good injection technique. If you already have doubts about your doctor I think it's time to find someone new who is experienced and trustworthy with a good reputation. 

Toral Patel, MD, MS
Chicago Dermatologist

Checking up on a Doctor Using Botox

I agree, if you do not trust your doctor from the beginning I suggest you go elsewhere.  You should go to someone who is trusted, experienced, and has a great reputation.  No doctor like that will use Botox not from allergan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hi, I have used Botox (Xeomin or Dysport) for over 30 years and can appreciate your concerns.  IMHO if you have to ask and check up on your doctor, you already have doubts.  It's time to find another doctor for your Botox that you can trust.  This is the basis of the doctor-patient relationship.

Hope this helps.

Real Botox

If you have reason to believe your physician is or may not inject you with Botox Cosmetic then I recommend visiting another one. Holograms on vials and buying levels with Allergan do not ensure ethical or appropriate care. Trust in your physician is paramount and if this is absent then find another doctor.
Regards,

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is your doctor using authentic Botox?

It sounds like it may be time to find another doctor to inject you.  A doctor-patient relationship is based on trust.  If you don't trust your current doctor, it's probably time to move on and find someone who you trust.  

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Authentic Botox?

You can check Allergan's website and see if your doctor is listed there.If he is a Platinum or Black provider, you are probably good. A doc can always purchase elsewhere or substitute though. If you have any questions, ask to see the vial and check if there is a hologram. If still in question, go to someone you can trust.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Authentic Botox

You must first remember that Botox is not the only approved botulinum toxin in the US so he could be using Xeomin or Dysport which is also fine. the problem is he could be using non approved toxin from another country and you could probably just ask him Showing you the box does not necessarily prove anything but it sounds like you don't trust him anyway and it may be time to move on

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Thank you for your excellent question.  You can search by the allergan website for cosmetic botox physicians in your area.  Though this doesn't assure the use of Botox, your doctor should also be willing to show you the box/vial from which he is using the Botox.  Best wishes.