Botched labiaplasty; who's the best at Labiaplasty revision in Florida? (Photos)

I had a Labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction 6 weeks ago. I hate the results. My minora was huge before, but it's still large near the clitoral hood plus the doctor cut more off one side near the vaginal opening than the other and a chunk of my minora came apart when healing. I desperately want to get it revised! It looks awful and bumpy, it still hurts and is hard where the stitches were, and the scars are very visible. Is there anyone in Florida who is experienced in Labiaplasty revisions?

Botched results from inexperienced surgeon putting in too-tight, too-large sutures

The best people in your area are Dr. Adam Oppenheimer in Orlando, Dr. Bernard Stern in Ft. Lauderdale, and Drs. John Miklos & Robert Moore in Atlanta. Whoever did this to you (irregular removal, tight "baseball stitches" with large-caliber suture material...) should not be allowed to touch a woman's labia. This is why, folks, it pays to do your homework, shop around for the best/most experienced, and NOT LET YOUR GENERAL OB-GYN  do this delicate plastic work on you! Either a delicate plastic trim of the bumpy area, or a radiofrequency "airbrushing" will mitigate the bumpy irregular results. Wait at least 3/4 months; I feel 5/6 better, but I respect Dr. Moore's opinion.

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Labiaplasty Revision

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with whoever did this to you. They clearly didn't understand the anatomy and left you with:
near amputation of the left labia minora
scars very close to the clitoral frenulum
a lumpy bumpy scar appearance.

The good news is that I can help, but the bad news is that it takes 6 months for the tissues to calm down enough to have a revision performed.

Most revisions involve using the remaining tissue to reconstruct the amputated parts, namely the excess tissue on the left to recreate the minora that has been totally removed. The redundant tissue on the top can be further removed in order to remove the extra hood tissue remaining.

Try and be patient. Happy to see you at any time. In the meanwhile, I would suggest posting a review about your experience with that doctor so that they don't hurt other women in our town.

Labiaplasty Revision

Hi... Sorry you've had a bad experience.  At this point, you should wait a few more months before doing anything else.  In the meantime, you could look for a surgeon who is experienced in labiaplasty.  Make sure labiaplasty is a big part of their practice.  Once you find your surgeon, let him guide you through the rest of the process.  Good luck!
Dr. Parham Ganchi - Wayne, NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Labi

I understand your frustration at this point and it appears that there may be some issue with your labiaplasty. However, I feel it's too soon to know for sure how you look since you still have a significant amount of swelling. I would give it more time to heal (up to 3 months) and then re-evaluate how you are looking. When and if you're still unhappy seek a second opinion of course with an experience surgeon in labiaplasty. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Another botched labiaplasty

Thank you for your post and photos. I am so sorry about your terrible results. You definitely need to see an experienced cosmetic vaginal surgeon for your revision. You should also be prepared to travel and not restrict yourself to Florida.

In your research for the best surgeon you should make sure that cosmetic vaginal surgery is the primary focus of their practice and that they've been doing it for many years. You need to see their Before and After photos for proof that they have experience in botched Labiaplasty repairs. See link below for additional information on finding the best surgeon for your next surgery and be sure to look at the extensive photo gallery.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Botched Labiaplasty

Dear 1234n

I am sorry to hear of your post operative results. This is one of the most common questions I see on the RealSelf website i.e. patients upset with the results of their labiaplasty. I agree that your results are less then desirable and I also agree with Dr Oppenheimer that you should express your displeasure with the surgeon who performed you procedure. The area of the labia which is completely  losses can not be replaced but the process of restoring your anatomy is a matter of art and experience.  I disagree with most surgeon who state that you must wait 6 months as i have been performing labia revisions on botched surgery at 3-4 months post operative for years. Do not limit yourself to a surgeon in FL as this next surgery is going to be the best chance of restoring you to as close normal as you can get.

Choosing a cosmetic vaginal surgeon or any surgeon should be one of the most important decisions of your life. Failure to choose a surgeon with experience, expertise and one who achieves excellent results is not an easy find especially a surgeon who has experience with botched labiaplasties. There are a lot of surgeons who think they are experts in the field but they don’t work on vaginas daily. Some surgeon have practices that allow them to operate and perform: breast augmentations, tummy tuck, butt lifts, hair transplant and then there are surgeons who dedicate their whole practice to vaginal reconstruction and cosmetic vaginal surgery. It is obvious which surgeon has more experience, expertise and better insight as to the a patients desires of their gynecologic area. Please don’t just choose a surgeon because they claims to be specialist in plastic surgery --- choose a surgeon who can prove to you they are specialists in your gynecologic area of concern. In your situation you need a surgeon who has experience in botched labia surgeries.  

Choose a surgeon who has great before and after pictures especially in the realm of botched labiaplasties.

John R MIklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Botched surgery

Hi and thanks for your question, I'm sorry you are not happy with your results, any revision should not be attempted for the first 4-6 months after a primary surgery.

Do not let geography be a limiting factor for you to get a proper revision done. But I'm sure with research you will find good surgeons in your area as well. 

Best of luck.

Kurian Thott, MD
Fredericksburg OB/GYN