Body sculpting + Tummy tuck. Can a person do the vaser 4d lipo + tummy tuck at the same time?

#Tummy tuck and #edging liposuction #4D liposuction

aggressive liposuction ( which 4D liposuction is) should not be performed at the same time as a regular tummy tuck. The chances of having problems with the healing process is increased.

Some surgeons perform limited liposuction with their tummy tucks.

In my professional opinion, if you need a tummy tuck, this should be performed first and the liposuction, later.

Be sure to seek the help of a surgeon member of the ASAPS

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

#liposuction #plasticsurgery #Tummytuck

Hello AAlk, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Vaser and tummy tuck

No, if you are going to have aggressive lipo of the abdomen, it might compromise the viability of the abdominal skin if it is also elevated.

4D and tummy tuck

These should not be performed together. 4D is a very intense procedure and must be performed in an appropriate candidate for best results. You may need a tummy tuck before and then have the liposuction contouring after as a second surgery for best results and safety.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Lipo abdominoplasty

Is the best way to perform abdominal contouring, performing one or the other usually doesn't get the job done with the best results. 

Lipo plus tummy tuck

Liposuction is often a part of the tummy tuck procedure.  It has been shown that a certain amount of liposuction while performing a tummy tuck is safe, as long as it does not harm the blood supply to the healing abdomen.  

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon