3 weeks post rhinoplasty: Bad smell in my nose :(

I did operation to my nasal septum with fixing the Tip without opening the nose after three weeks began to smell bad in my nose , the doctor said that there is erosion of the cartilage very little in the beginning of the nose she said that the stitches didn't dissolved will , is it possible that they could do that? Is That thing dangerous ? Is it possible that it could cause hole in the septum? What is the worst scenarios to my problem?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

3 weeks post op, some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you very much for enquire.

Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Post rhinoplasty concerns

faaj, it is normal for your nose to undergo a lengthy healing process.  Without knowing exactly what sutures, what techniques, and what was done during your surgery,  it is very hard to answer your question specifically.  To be honest with you, often times the smell in the nose is secondary to crusting - and the best way to get rid of that is by hydrating the nose with nasal saline sprays.  In regards to the rest of your questions, I suggest you give your operating doc's office a call.  That's what they are there for! They will be more than happy to help answer your questions and guide you through the process.  Sometimes healing from rhinoplasty can take a little longer than expected, but the most important thing is to hang in there.  You trusted your doctor to perform your surgery, and I'm sure they will be more than happy to hear from you and guide you through the rest of the healing process.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty concerns

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon