I had a baby one month ago and I have wrinkles on top of my belly button. Will this go away on its own? (Photo)

Is a tummy tuck needed ?

Wrinkles by belly button

This could go away but not likely.but since you are only a month out give it some time.It can take several months for the final healing.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy wrinkles after surgery

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby!  The wrinkles you have noticed are due to skin over-stretching with your pregnancy.   Unless you put on lots of weight - which I’m sure you don’t want to do, they are unlikely to improve.   Its likely you will need a tummy tuck if you want to achieve a smooth tight tummy again.

Wrinkles on belly followning pregnancy

You will likely need a tummy tuck to remove wrinkles of concern. Please see examples below to get an idea of what a tummy tuck will accomplish for you.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Mini-Tummy Tuck

The anterior question, it will go away to a small degree. Some of that skin will shrink wrap back down, but my guess is that a good portion of it will not. So, you will have some loose skin, but probably not as loose as it is at this moment. You will have a better idea in 3 months. No surgical intervention should be entertained until that time to really judge what your best options are. Any speculation sooner simply unreliable.
Good Luck and congratulations!

Dr. Subbio

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Post pregnancy stomach

Although there will be some improvement with time, the extra skin is just that. Extra. It can only be improved with a tummy tuck. Although if you are planning on having any more kids, I would advise you to wait until you are done. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I had a baby one month ago and I have wrinkles on top of my belly button. Will this go away on its own

They will improve with time but never go away totally. A tummy tuck would remove the stretch marks below the belly button and reduce the ones above the belly button, but not all of them

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck will be needed

Extra skin  after pregnancies does not go away on its own.  Wrinkle seen in the photo is from excess skin. Tummy tuck will be needed to remove excess skin. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Will this go away on its own?

Thank you for your question and photo. At one month, your skin may have some contracting to do. I recommend that you wait 6 months then decide if it is something that you want to address surgically.

All the best

Wrinkles On Top Of Belly Button 1 Month Ago

Thank you for posting photos with your question. Congratulations on your new baby! It is too soon to tell if your skin will contract. I recommend maintaining a healthy diet and exercise and wait 6 months before consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and let you know your options. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

I had a baby one month ago and I have wrinkles on top of my belly button. Will this go away on its own?

I understand your concern, but it's too soon to evaluate and consider any surgery.
Wait 6 months and re-evaluate. Generally speaking, this situation can be addressed with a full abdominoplasty.