Asymmetrical breasts, will a BA help? I'm scheduled for 300 and 325cc silicone under muscle. Will it help? (Photos)

I am scheduled to get a breast augmentation with 300cc on the left and 325cc on the right silicone under the muscle ... I am obviously asymmetrical ... I guess my question is will this help even me out more? I know it won't make it perfect but will it help? Also my nipple on the left is much bigger than the right, what will they most likely look like after? Same? Or will the right nipple enlarge to be more alike? Thanks for the help.

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have asymmetrical and sagging breasts.
In this regard, i recommend a breast lifting with implants to get a bigger breast with adecuate projection. In other words, you need breast volume (implants) and you need breast projection (the lift).
I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implants ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection and different volumes of each side (bigger in the left breast) to correct the breasts asymmetry you have. Also, I recommend perform a "Lollipop Breast lift" to obtain an adecuate breast projection.
Kin regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Asymmetrical breasts, will a BA help? I'm scheduled for 300 and 325cc silicone under muscle. Will it help?

From looking at your photos, I think using different size implants will help correct the asymmetry of the breast size. Your areolas are also slightly asymmetrical and likely will remain so after surgery.  You could gently reduce the size of your larger areola, but remember there will be a scar on that areola. Be sure to discuss with your plastic surgeon all of your concerns.  Best wishes. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Will breast implants help my breast asymmetry

From your photos it doesn't appear that you have a large asymmetry.  The size of the areola may not change with augmentation, depending on how it is done, and whether or not it is directly addressed.  Did you try different sized implants on during your consultation to see if the size asymmetry improved?  This may help you know what to expect afterwards.

While nobody can guarantee you a specific result, different techniques may help you understand what will be addressed and why.  It may also be possible after putting the implants in that the opposite may appear bigger than before.

Seek a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to try to obtain a consultation and surgery that is based on improving your understanding of what will happen.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Yes breast augmentation with diferent sized implants should help your asymmetry.

However correction of areola asymmetry will likely require areola reduction on larger side but wait until 6 months after augmenbtation to see if smaller areola enlarges.

Will different size implants help asymmetrical breasts?

Thank you for the photos. The answer is yes. Asymmetry can be addressed with different size implants in many cases. Your asymmetry is modest so a slight difference in implants will really help make them more alike. 100% symmetry is practically impossible but you will do very well with these sizes.

Areolae tend to enlarge with Breast Augmentation. Your right nipple will probably enlarge but so will your left. This might make any differences a bit more noticeable. In this case, Areolae reduction on the left could be performed in order to avoid asymmetry. This can be decided by your surgeon during surgery. Be aware that this would leave you with different scars on either breast. Scars always fade and get better with time but some patients do not want different scars. Be sure to talk about these issues with your plastic surgeon before your procedure, so you can both agree on what is best for you.

Best of luck on your procedure!
Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures. There seems to be a modest asymmetry from the two breasts.  I think that with these two different sizes of implants will be a good choice to improve the asymmetry.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

I would suggest 3D photographic imaging to see what these implants would do for your size and asymmetry.  The only way to know for sure is to visualize the results and 3D imaging is the most accurate way in my opinion. 

John Burns, MD

Breast asymmetry

I think the 25cc larger implant in the slightly smaller breast would help even your volume difference.  You also have some mild asymmetry in your areola. I would not recommend  trying to get the areola more alike since I think the scar would add more asymmetry The areola difference just makes them look more natural. Anyway my two cents worth. Good luck.

From your photos- I don't believe you need different size implants- because the larger you go the less visible is the the volume asymmetry. Your main asymmetry is your areola. In the right hands - this can be corrected. Lastly, I've been very impressed by new product Implants by Allergan- that you might be a good candidate for.Keep in mind - human body is asymmetry . Perfection by definition is unattainable. 

Breast augmentation with asymmetry.

All women have some asymmetry of the breasts to some degree.  Part of the evaluation process with your plastic surgeon is to determine how much asymmetry is present and whether different sized implants will be necessary to correct this.  Regarding the difference in areolar diameter, this too can be corrected but will require skin excision on the breast.  This will leave a small scar at the edge of the areola.  A full discussion of your options with a Board Certified plastic surgeon will help you make the best decision for your desired results.

David F. Klein, MD
Concord Plastic Surgeon