Can I achieve this look? (Photos)

Hello! I have been wanting a breast augmentation for several years. I've always had a small bust with little change no matter what my weight is at. I recently had a baby but only breast fed for a month. During that month my breasts grew quite a bit but now they have shrunk down to pre pregnancy size. was wondering if I can achieve the look in these pictures. I want them exactly that shape and size. I'm not a fan of big fake boobs and I don't want a huge cleavage gap. Thanks!

Can I achieve this look?

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be a great candidate for a breast augmentation and would achieve a very nice result.  Although your "wish" photos are a good guide for your surgeon to help him/her understand your goals, it is unrealistic to say you want to look "exactly" like the women in the photos.  I think you can achieve a result very similar in appearance, but not exactly.  You seem to want to maintain a very natural appearance which can be achieved with modestly sized round implants or anatomically shaped implants.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Thank you for your inquiry. Without a physical examination it is difficult to respond with accuracy, but the photos you provided are indeed helpful to gain an understanding of the result you are striving to achieve. The photos are indeed very pretty, but the good news is that so are your breasts. You do have a bit more distance between your breasts and the only way to achieve a more enhanced rounded cleavage and narrowing of that distance is with an implant wide enough to do so, but as a rule we try to have an imaginary line that runs through your nipple along the long axis of the breast kind of divid the implant into two equal parts, and this means that a wider implant will be wider in both directions, toward the mid line and toward your arms, the latter of which most women find undesirable. 

Unfortunately the most common reason for a woman to be unhappy after her augmentation is feeling as though she is either too big or not big enough. Thankfully, in our practice this is rarely a problem because implant size selection is what we spend most of our time discussing and determining. I do not place the onus of selecting the breast implant size on my patients since they are coming to me for my advice and expertise, but I do ask my patients to be as specific as possible about their aesthetic goals and I then advise them accordingly.

Implants vary in width, projection and volume. This can be very confusing to women, who are used to discussing one number only such as “300 cc’s”. To better understand which implant is best for you, in our consultation room we have two shelves one above the other, each with four implants. The top shelf has all the implants with exactly the same width (12.5 cm), yet the less projecting implant with that width is a 275 cc Moderate or Classic, and the most projecting is a 590 cc Ultra High Profile. On the lower shelf, all of the implants are 300 cc implants, yet the less projecting implant has a width or diameter of 12.8 cm, and the most projecting of the 300 cc implants is the Ultra High Profile which has a 9.7 cm diameter.

Once it is determined which implant width or diameter would best fit you, the next step is to decide which what sort of look you are hoping to achieve, i.e. more projection, moderate, or least. This is determined by how much breast tissue you have naturally, and how large you ultimately wish to be. All of this would be discussed during your consultation. And don’t be shy about coming prepared with images which you feel best represent your desired end point. These can be determined by visiting our gallery, or any other photos you wish to bring. The advantage of using our gallery is that all of the relevant information about patient age, implant size and type, are clearly indicated.

I would advise you to seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast enhancement surgery and make sure that your own sense of aesthetics aligns with that of your plastic surgeon. Your idea of “natural” or “pretty” or “proportionate” might be different from your plastic surgeon’s and it is very important for you to feel confident that you are both of like minds as far as the goals. Best of luck to you and I hope you are successful in achieving the enhancement you are seeking.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Matching someone else's breast?

The effect of a breast implant under the breast of 2 different people, no matter how seeming similar they are can have different outcomes. I would never promise you that you can match exactly what you see in a picture of somebody else. For me, the look you want would be achievable with a moderately projecting moderate height shaped silicone gel implant.  Try to find a plastic surgeon in your region with a Vectra 3-D imaging platform in which he or she may be able to show you on your frame what the different sizes, shapes, and projections might look like. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Super realistic and we can definitely achieve it! The best way to ensure the right size is to actually see your results beforehand, which we can do using a 3D breast scan and virtual reality goggles. It looks like you have good symmetry, the only catch may be your cleavage gap... we can definitely move the breasts closer, but might not be able to be as close as the second wish pic... more like the first one. I would guess we are looking at implants in the 350+ cc range and moderate plus profile.

Wish pictures

Hi.  You look like a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery.  Your cleavage gap is slightly wider than the wish photos, though.  Picking a proportionately sized implant is the key.  Measuring your frame, and having an experienced surgeon are the keys to success.  A moderate or high profile implant, behind the muscle, could work well.

Breast augmentation

It appears from your pictures that you should be able to obtain the size depicted .
  I designed the bloodless breast enlargement. I loose typically 1/2 teaspoon of blood . For more information please see the accompanying video. I will try and get a video uploaded to You- Tube and Pintrest in the next couple days. We do offer complimentary consultations where you can view before and after pictures similar to your body build . Our phone number is 813-872-2696. I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Can I achieve this look? = yes, you are a perfect candidate for breast augmentation #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

Patients with small beast that have no ptosis ( the nipple and areola is above the breast fold) and no pseudootosis ( breast tissue of the lower pole hanging below the breast fold) are ideal candidates for breast augmentation with implants.

When choosing the implant size, in order to avoid having a "fake book look" the patient should choose the implant size that fits her goal. 

John Mesa, MD

BBA result

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. You would have an excellent result with breast augmentation and should be able to achieve your desired result. Best of Luck- Dr Hardy

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In cases like yours i recommend Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants".
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thanks for your question.
After seeing your photos, I think you have excellent qualities for what you desire.
Best regards!

Shailyn Marmol, MD