Am I a good candidate for smart lipo? (Photo)

I am 5'5 180lbs. I am 30lbs over the bmi chart. I have a vitamin D deficiency and low iron. Would that be a problem if i get the smart lipo surgery? I am a mother of 1 elementary age child and not interested in having anymore kids. Working out has done nothing for me or dieting. Is smart lipo the best route?

Am I a good candidate for smart lipo?

Liposuction is ideal for patients who are fit, active and have problematic areas that are difficult to get rid off with diet and exercise. Liposuction is a fantastic tool for body contouring. Good candidates have minimal skin laxity and mild to moderate fullness. Reviewing your photo, you are a good candidate for the procedure. Vitamen D def. would not be a problem. Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes

SmartLipo Candidate

Thank you for your question and photos. SmartLipo is a laser-assisted liposuction procedure that is great for body contouring. From your photos it does appear you would benefit from the SmartLipo procedure. SmartLipo benefits can include:

Unparalleled precision
Reduced side effects
Faster healing and recovery
Improved skin tightening

Depending on how much skin tightening you expect, you may require a tummy tuck. I recommend consulting with a qualified physician for a full consultation.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Are you a candidate for smart lipo

Your back and flanks would improve greatly with lipo - especially the bra rolls and love handles. The belly will improve partially because of muscle looseness from your pregnancy, but it would be easier to determine this in person to make sure that a tummy tuck wouldn't be a better option for the front.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

candidate for smart lipo

You may benefit from smart lipo (or traditional liposuction). However, you will need to combine surgery with a healthy lifestyle which includes proper diet and exercise. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lipo

Thanks for the question, optimizing your hemoglobin would be of utmost priority before any procedure. In terms of liposuction you would see a nice improvement but it would need to be combined with diet and exercise to contour the body

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Is SmartLipo right for me?

From your description and photos you do appear to be a good candidate for SmartLipo of the abdomen and flanks. While the procedure will not necessarily lower numbers on the scale, it will definitely help with contour and provide some degree of skin tightening. You will find your clothing is looser and you look better out of clothes. Consult with a plastic surgeon who has experience treating people with darker complexions. The laser settings are a little different than for lighter complexioned patients.

Scott A. Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Scott A. Brenman, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Definitely a Good Candidate for SmartLipo

I perform SmartLipo Ultra procedures on your body type all the time.  The goal is to reduce the amount of "hang" in the abdominal area so there is less bulk and better muscle definition.  The goal for the love handles is to get rid of the muffin top and get back a nice feminine curve.  Since this procedure produces much less bleeding and subsequent bruising than traditional lipo, your iron deficiency should not come into play.  Along with some basic diet changes and exercise, you can achieve impressive results.  Good luck.

Dr Chang

John W. Chang, MD
Coral Gables General Surgeon

SmartLipo Candidate -- Consider VASER Hi Definition with Fat Transfer

You may need surgical removal of skin on the tummy for improvement but you are for sure a candidate for liposuction/liposculpture and it would be great for you to take that fat and transfer it to shape the buttock and breasts.  I think a formal consultation would be best to determine if your goals can be accomplished with liposuction alone or if you need a liposuction combined with surgical skin removal (which we do in our practice frequently).  Best, Dr. Emer.

SmartLipo Candidate

Liposuction, including SmartLipo, is great for body contouring and removal of unwanted fat when diet and exercise fails.
It would be best if you are assessed in person and the quality of the skin as well as the location of fat needs to be determined for optimal assessment and precise answer to your question.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo

Liposuction may be a reasonable procedure  to diminish you fat content.  It will not tighten the skin significantly.