Am I a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift? (Photo)

I'm 27 years old, 5'2, about 130 lbs, no kids. I already have a decent-sized butt, but I would like to make it more round and to have more of an hourglass shape. I do not want to lipo my abdomen at all, because I'm afraid of having ripples afterward. I would like to transfer fat from my love handles/flanks, inner thighs and saddle bags. Am I a good candidate? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Am I a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  Yes, you are a good candidate for the BBL.   For optimal results for your BBL, the areas that should be liposuctioned include the lower back, hips and sometimes the outer thigh. These areas help to contour and shape the buttock and enhances the results of the fat transfer. The abdomen and inner thighs are a great source for additional fat to to transfer.Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes

BBL Candidate

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. It's hard to answer your question without examining you, but it appears that you would need to have a little more fat on your body to transfer in order to have an appreciable difference. Best of Luck- Dr Hardy

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for BBL

You are a candidate for this procedure, but it is best to have the abdomen used as a donor area, as this is where the majority of fat is available in most people.  Not using it means you may fall short on the amount of fat needed to enhance your shape.  Skin irregularities are less common the more experienced the surgeon is, so it can be done with good results in the right hands. 

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

While the photos are incomplete in portraying all the available donor sites( no photos of saddle bags), nevertheless your height and weight and the different views do suggest that you would be a candidate for a BBL. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with lots of experience performing this procedure. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

You photos suggest you would have enough donor fat to be able to achieve the results you are wanting given your starting point.

John Burns, MD

BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In this regard my advice for you is to perform waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You look like you have some reasonable donor sites to choose from.. It might not get to exactly what you want but it certainly could be an improvement.

Brazilian butt lift

Thank you for the question and the photos. Based on your images your goal size and your current height and weight you would benefit from liposuction and fat transfer in those areas.

However this comes with a catch. I do not think that you have enough excess fat from these areas to achieve that goal size you had in mind. It would require additional fat which you don't have. Having said that,  I still believe you would have a good outcome. Just not the one you had in mind.

Some women will try to gain some weight before surgery to have more fat to work with.  Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. The reason why I say that is that when you gain weight some of that fat will go into the good areas that we can liposuction such as the love handles or the flanks but sometimes that fat goes into other areas which we cannot liposuction such as the area around your intestines and your internal organs. That internal fat cannot be treated with liposuction or surgery. Furthermore internal fat can cause problems in the future with diabetes high cholesterol and heart disease so ordinarily most doctors would be a little bit hesitant to recommend that you try to gain too much weight if that is where your weight tends to go.You should also take into account the fact that since you do not yet have children post pregnancy your body will change,  should you decide to have kids in the future. 

It is recommended that you should have several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions.As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift / Liposuction/Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture/ Fat Grafting/ High Definition Procedures / Revision BBL

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create and athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute