Am I a candidate for Kybella? (photos)

What options do I have for improving chin/neck ?

Kybella

From your photo, it is impossible to say. My best advise would be for you to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person. Personally, I have found the results from Kybella to be astounding in those patients without excess skin laxity under the chin. Hope this helps.

Kindly, 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Hard to say for certain from the photo, but you do appear to be a candidate for Kybella. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Candidate for Kybella

From your photo it appears that you would be a candidate for Kybella. An examination would be helpful to determine how much of that fullness is due to fat versus skin laxity. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Could be physically speaking; however...

Your photo is leaning forward, blurry, and would need a consult and more medical information to answer your question.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for Kybella?

Thanks for your question. It's hard to answer it based on your photo. It is hard to see if you have lax skin and/or excess fat. This is an important detail. Patients with sub mental fat and no loose skin do very well with Kybella. Patients with excess and loose skin require a skin tightening procedure--either surgical or non-invasive. I suggest you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and give you your best options. It is more than likely that he or she will recommend a few treatments. Perhaps reducing some volume with Kybella injections followed by a non-invasive skin tightening procure like Thermi-Tight will be your best option. I wish you the best and I hope this was helpful.

You may be better for surgery

Hi Babsbegone, 

Kybella is a great minimally invasive way to get rid of fullness under the chin. However, it really only works on fat.  Your photo suggests you have loose skin.  No matter what you are told or promised, there really is only surgery for that.  The devices and energy machines are almost always not a good value and won't usually get the results you want.  If your neck is actually full from fat, than by all means, Kybella can be a great choice. 

Onir Spiegel, DDS
Chestnut Hill Dentist

Kybella & ThermiTight for the neck

Thank you for your question. From looking at your photos I would suggest Kybella in conjunction with ThermiTight. Kybella will help define your jawline but it also looks like you will need some extra skin tightening which is why I would suggest ThermiTight. Kybella is an injectable that has been recently FDA-approved for the treatment of submental fullness (double chin). Kybella will permanently destroy fat cells in the targeted area as well as offering limited skin tightening to the treated area. On average patients need 2-4 treatments at 1 month intervals for optimal results. ThermiTight is a great minimally invasive procedure to treat skin laxity. ThermiTight delivers radio frequency energy subcutaneously to tighten the skin in the neck. If you are interested please schedule a full-person consultation with a qualified doctor so that they may review your treatment area. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella

Kybella is a great non surgical method to resolve fat under the chin. It works for minimal to moderate amounts of fat and can not address skin laxity. It is important to keep in mind that as we age we often get skin laxity as well as excess fat. To ensure your get the right treatment, you must have a formal evaluation by an experience physician to determine if kybella could work for you.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

I suggest a formal consult, if you have fat kybella or liposuction are options.  If you have loose skin you may need thermiRF and/or a lift with the other treatments.  Please get a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Am I a candidate for Kybella?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  It appears that you have some excess adipose tissue to your neck but it is unclear if you have loose, sagging skin as well.  If your chin has mainly fat Kybella would be an excellent option but if the excess tissue is largely skin it may leave you with an unfavorable appearance.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination