8 weeks after TT with muscle rapair and lipo and I'm still very swollen and hard

I'm getting frustrated, before TT I wasn't looking too bad . Now I cannot fit into my pants , I get very swollen during the day, I'm very active at my job because it requires me to walk a lot . I started working at 4 .5 weeks after TT and the swelling has been the same since week one . It gets very hard above the whole area of the scar and when I sit a little pouch forms. Swelling is very uncomfortable. It feels that my skin is ripping apart from the muscle. Is this normal ?

Try to reduce activity!

Thank you for your enquiry.  I am a little concerned that your swelling has been persistent and you are no longer able to fit into your pants and that you get progressively swollen during the day. I would suggest that your activities are too much for your recovery at this stage. I strongly suggest you return to see your plastic surgeon for further assessment of your abdominal wall as you may well have a seroma which needs draining.  In the meantime reduce your activity as much as possible and gain appropriate medical certificates from your plastic surgeon and wear a well fitted compression garment to the area. Good luck with your recovery.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

2 Months Post Op Swelling

Unfortunately swelling at two months post op is still expected after Abdominoplasty. I recommend that you talk with your Surgeon about ways to minimize discomfort, compression and massage that you might do. Try to hold off on evaluating your results for at least 6 months.

All the best

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

TTuck recovery time

You are still early in your recovery. Recovery is a process, not an event. A better time to really start to evaluate your recovery/results would be at 4-6 months after surgery. There will even be smaller changes longer than that. Follow your surgeon's instructions and be patient.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear you are frustrated with your recovery. You should expect to have swelling for three to six months following tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Tummy Tuck's do take a long while to heal so try to be patient

You are only 8 weeks out and will most likely see your final result at 4-10 months. Swelling is normal at this point. Be patient and maintain a good diet and exercise plan.

David Rankin, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Post op swelling

Hi and thanks for the question. This is something to bring up with your PS and you need to be examined. It's possible to have a fluid collection or other issue contributing to this problem. It is also very possible that you are just having normal post op swelling as most patients after tummy tuck have some component of post op swelling for at least 3-4 months after surgery. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon