7 months post partum after first baby is Tummy tuck needed ? Diastasis recti? (photos)

I'm 23 yrs old 5"4 weigh 112 i had a baby 7 months ago and notice I still have a thumb size indent on top my my belly button my stomach also wrinkled up when bending down I was wondering if I have diastasis recti? What can I do will exercise help ? Or is a tummy tuck needed ? I'm really trying not to have surgery

Do I need a Tummy Tuck?

Hi Dear!Thank you for your question. 6 Mouths or more physically  use to be good  to do a new process, but usually in cases like yours, that have your first baby is better wait until 9 mouth or a year, because at this time you should be ready. Even thought, when a women get pregnant, used to get diastasis recti, because this is a separation of muscles, and when you want to correct that problem, plastic surgeon should do a reparation which we call Tummy Tuck.So, as I see in your picture you are an excellent candidate for a full Tummy Tuck, but you should be done having babies or not thinking to have another in alone time.

7 months post partum after first baby is Tummy tuck needed ? Diastasis rect

I do think form the pictures you show that you have diastasis recti, yes. As to needing a tummy tuck, no one needs a tummy tuck. It is a matter of wanting and being willing to accept the trade offs of scars, expense, recovery, etc. I do think that, if you are not planning on having any children for at least 5 years that it would be worth doing the surgery. I say that because that would give you  a long time to enjoy the results. The tummy tuck would likely need to be redone after having another child, just so you are aware of that wen deciding what to do and when.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck?

Hello thank you for your questionAs I see you are a good candidate for full Tummy Tuck but you should wait until you are done having babies.Regards.

Disnalda Matos, MD

7 months post partum after first baby is Tummy tuck needed ?

If you are planning on having more children, then I recommend you wait until you have an Abdominoplasty. Otherwise, based on your photos you appear to be a great candidate for an Abdominoplasty

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.Having babies is very special but it takes a tole on your body . Not only does it stretch your muscles but it also stretches your skin, you develop stretch marks and you gain fat .Exercising helps but does not restore your body back to normal.I invented the MALIBU tummy tuck .Not only do the patients look good in a bikini and their belly buttons look natural but postoperative pain is minimal and recovery is quicker versus traditional techniques . I've had patients who are driving as early as 4 days after surgery .For more information please watch  the accompanying video . I hope you find this useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Timing of tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck for removal of the stretched, excess skin and correction of the rectus diastasis.  The procedure should be performed once you are sure you will not be having any more children.  Unfortunately, exercise will not correct the excess skin or rectus diastasis.  Hope this helps!

7 months post partum after first baby is Tummy tuck needed ? Diastasis recti?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your first child.  Based on your pictures alone it does appear that you have a diastasis of your abdominal muscles which can only be corrected through surgical means.  That said, if you are still contemplating having additional children, best to complete your family before pursuing any operation.  Once you are ready, see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  Hope this helps.

Repair of diastasis

I believe that, based on your photos, a diastasis is present. If you are planning to have more children, I would recommend waiting until childbearing has been completed before considering surgery. Best wishes.

Thank you for the question and pictures and congratulations on your recent new arrival.  Based on your history and photographs, I think that a diastasis recti is present.  Also, based on your pregnancy history, photographs, and stated goals, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation at some point.  Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight. When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.