4 wks post op, left breast is larger, fuller, and rounder than my right breast. What can I do to help even them out more?(photo)

I had a BA on 02/12 and it's now almost 4 weeks since. My left breast is bigger, fuller and rounder than my right breast. When I wear shirts it is also noticeable that one side is fuller. I had 375cc silicone. I'm worried that my right breast will remain smaller and I understand they won't be completely even but I do not want one poking out more than the other when I wear shirts. Please help!! I have also massaged my breast like I was told and massage more on my right side hoping that will help.

4 weeks

Thank you for your question. It will take between 2-6 months for your breasts to soften, drop and fluff. It is hard to be patient but the breasts do not always heal and settle at the same rate. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon and evaluate closer to 6 months post op.

All the best 

Implant issue

I think that you have to give it time to settle because it is still pretty early. Give it 4-6 months and then re-evaluate. Best of luck.

Post op BBA

Hi and thanks for the question. Your implants will take at least another 4-8 weeks to drop into place and take shape. As they are dropping it is common for them to be different but they tend to be more even when they you are 8-12 weeks post op. If the problem remains after that please discuss see your surgeon. Best of luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Uneven post aug

I would put a pressure wrap above the breast riding high.A Velcro strap or ace wrap.Place a folded washcloth over the higher side to push it down.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

4 wks post op, left breast is larger, fuller, and rounder than my right breast. What can I do to help even them out more?

I assume you had pre operate asymmetry? Therefore different volumes were needed in the implants? Now either exchange to large left implant or fat grafts for additional volume or both options. Best t ask your surgeon or seek in person second opinions with ONLY boarded PSs in Orlando.. 

Uneven breasts

It takes time for the breasts to settle and heal.  It looks like one breast is still higher.  I would remain patient.  Massage and a bandeau can help the process. 

Both breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.