Vaginal Tightening Cost?

I'm a healthy 33 year old woman with 2 children. I've had a tubeligation as well. Not interested in any cosmetic changes. I've had 2 consultations. A friend of mine had the procedure. I went to her doctor but she told me I had the very same issue as my friend, which I don't believe. Recto prolapse. The other DR said I qualified for tightening, didn't say I had any prolapse. I want the opening and muscles tightened as well as excess vaginal lining removed. Pls provide the price range?

You want a tighter vagina, but you don't believe what they told you. What to do?

Some doctors use confusing language to explain simple things. A rectocele is a loosening of the posterior vaginal wall and is very common. If it is severe, it can be seen as a bulging of the posterior vaginal wall. If it is mild, it can only be detected by a rectal exam. Rectal prolapse is a completely different condition in which the rectum hangs inside out through the anus and is very rare. I'll bet good money that you have a rectocele. I'll also bet that it's mild and that the doctor who didn't mention the rectocele also didn't do a rectal exam. In any event, the rectocele necessitates an extra step in the vaginoplasty that you are seeking. However, you need a more thorough pelvic exam to make sure nothing else needs fixing at the same time.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vaginal Tightening Cost?

Cost will depend on what you need done and only in consultation can this be determined. If you are unsure about the accuracy of the rectocele diagnosis then perhaps you may want to see a gynaecologist that your family doctor refers you to to be assessed for that. That is a medical issue rather than a cosmetic one, so I would think insurance would cover correction for that. At the very least, you can get the opinion of someone who you aren't talking to about the tightening procedure so you can be sure that their opinion is unbiased. Hope that helps!

Vaginal Tightening Cost?

Cost of vaginoplasty

The cost will vary by region but a range of $6000-$10,000 depending on where it is done (hospital, office surgery center) and experience.  Do not discount the exam that said you had a rectocele. It could be a small one.  Regardless, you should feel comfortable with your surgeon. But do make sure they have the experience to give you the result you want. Best wishes. 

Cost of vaginoplasty

Vaginal rejuvenation average costs in Illinois

Cost for labiaplasty and #vaginaltightening
Costs for #CosmeticLabiaplasty and #CosmeticFemaleSugery
#Costs will depend upon the specific surgery that is requested, type of anaesthesia, experience of the surgery, and geographic location.
Estimated fees can be found on Real Self, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery websites.

#VaginalTightening Cost

Candidates of #VaginalRejuvenation or Vaginoplasty surgery are women who desire a more youthful appearance and function of the vulvas and vaginal area. For some women, the effects of childbirth, aging, trauma, and/or genetics, causes their vaginal tissue and muscles to become stretched, which results in loss of strength and tone in the vaginal area. This can lead to unsatisfying intimate contact and discomfort.
These surgeries are best performed by carefully selected Plastic Surgeons or Gynecologists. As this is not a very common procedure it is important that you choose a specialist who has significant experience in these procedures to get the best result with the least number of complications. Costs vary depending on if the surgery is done in the office, outpatient surgery center, the experience of the surgeon, type of anesthesia (local, IV, or general anesthesia, and if other procedures such as correction of a cystocele, rectocele, labiaplasty, or other conditions and also varies geographically. In general the surgery will run from $6000 to $15,000.
Intended ResultThe surgical procedure, Vaginoplasty, in many cases, can increase friction during intercourse, giving women more control of vaginal muscles, increasing sexual satisfaction, while also creating a more attractive and appealing appearance to the vaginal area.

#VaginalTightening Cost

Vaginal tightening details and costs

Dear "India 2015..."

Dividing your questions: Who should perform your surgery; what should be done; how much will it cost?

The "holy grail" is "...the Right procedure on the Right patient for the Right reasons." Each vulvo-vaginal aesthetic surgical procedure, in my opinion, should be designed for the individual patient.  If there is significant vaginal floor laxity, a RF or Laser tightening won't do the job, and you most likely would do best with a pelvic floor tightening consisting of a modified posterior colporrhaphy ("posterior repair") + "vaginoplasty" (procedure approximating the levator and other perineal muscles, and re-approximating the fibrous fascial layer of the vaginal floor,) plus an aesthetic perineorrhaphy/perineoplasty, well elevating and supporting the perineal body at the opening of the vagina.

The best person to perform your surgery will be an experienced Gynecologist or Urogynecologist who has been additionally trained (and can prove it with a certificate, or evidence that he or she has performed at least 10 pelvic floor repairs for the specific reason of sexually-improving vaginal tightening, which is a different operation than the "standard" posterior repair for prolapse.)

Cost will vary widely, and you need to be a savvy consumer. The "ideal" (hard to find) is a doc who is experienced and can perform surgery under a local anesthetic (yes!! this is definitely feasible), eliminating the extra cost and recovery generated by being in a hospital, and/or having a general or spinal anesthetic.  Also VERY important is inclusion of pelvic floor physical therapy and/or intra-vaginal devices to enable you to exercise and strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor after surgery.  (Stay away from docs who don't mention this crucial aspect of ongoing success...) In our center, the "out-the-door" fee is $7250, less any applicable discounts.  This includes all consults, surgery, facility, anesthesia, all followup care, supplies, an APEX(tm) pelvic training device, and a session with a pelvic floor physical therapist, if desired.

Best wishes!

Michael P Goodman MD

Vaginal tightening details and costs

Dear "India 2015..."

Best wishes!

Michael P Goodman MD

Cost of vaginal tightening?

Your story and concerns are in good company with almost ever other patient that undergoes vaginal rejuvenation. Based upon your photos, your anatomy as well is very typical of someone who seriously considers having these procedures and turns out to be an enormous (sexual) self-confidence booster thereafter.
Vaginal Rejuvenation (a.k.a. vaginoplasty) is performed to reconstruct (more or less tighten) the vaginal vault most commonly following natural vaginal birth. Again, like most other surgery, the experience of and “attention to detail” (a.k.a. compulsiveness) by the surgeon is the most important element to achieving a good result. Although there is some merit to Kegal exercises, many patients with laxity after natural vaginal birth fail to obtain sufficient tightening. For these patients, vaginoplasty, tightening of the vaginal vault muscles from the introits (opening) up to the cervix is typically the best solution. The procedure is commonly done on an outpatient basis in about an hour under either deep intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Recovery is gradual but probably the worst for the first 4-5 days until swelling starts to reside then patients feel better each day thereafter. Sexual activity is usually refrained for about 6 weeks. In a study I was involved in back in 2009, 87% of vaginoplasty patients were satisfied with their results and had an improved sexual experience post-operatively. Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $8500. Glad to help.    

Cost of vaginal tightening?