What is a typical recovery period from a Rhinoplasty for a wide nose? (Photo)

My nose has gotten wider with age. What would be an average cost to remedy this?

Recovery after Rhinoplasty is 7-10 Days

Wide or narrow prior, the nose should look decent at seven to ten days. I see you are an athlete so allow ten days before strenuous biking, et al since exercise raises blood pressure and you don't want more swelling, bruising or a nosebleed. Age is not much of a factor as long as you are healthy. I had my rhinoplasty at age 38 and was back to work and swimming at nine days (shaved one day off). You should do fine.

Best Wishes.

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Finally, the investment for this procedure rounds
$3,000 USD Standard package 
$4,350 USD "All Inclusive Package".
Ps: currently there are important limited seasonal offers with which you can get even better price. 
For more information please contact us and ask for our Limited Discount Coupons.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recovering from rhinoplasty: recovery period.

Recovering from rhinoplasty is a healing process. Part of that process is taking time to heal. 

Ideally, two weeks is more than adequate for someone to recover from rhinoplasty and return to work. However, if the patient does not do anything strenuous at work, doesn't mind showing off their nasal cast for the first week, and they are off narcotic pain medications, a few of my patients start work in a few days. Each case is unique. At each subsequent follow-up appointment, I let my patients know what they can and cannot do. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery

It can take a full year for the swelling to subside. As for getting back to workouts, you might want to wait 3-4 weeks before doing so.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What is a typical recovery And cost for a rhinoplasty for a wide nose?

The cost of rhinoplasty is directly determined that the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in a formal operating room, time monitored under anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the procedure in addition to all of the post operative follow-up appointments. To narrow a wide nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones and a tip-plasty which will narrow the nasal tip cartilages with suture techniques or a conservative cartilage removal. Anticipate a cast applied across the bridge of the nose for one week, with visible bruising and swelling for 10 to 14 days after the procedure. For more information, many  before and after examples of narrowing a wide nose, and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

After a rhinoplasty the patient wears a splint for one week.There is bruising that is variable but lasts around 10 days on average. Depending on what is done at surgery there is some swelling often of the nasal tip which resolves more slowly but is difficult if not impossible to perceive while looking at the nose.

Rhinoplasty

The nose can take up to a year or longer to fully heal after a rhinoplasty. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. You can visit the ASPS website for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. In regards to the cost, it varies based on surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000-$8,000. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after rhinoplasty

Recovery from the surgery, incision, bruising etc depends on the individual and the extent of the procedure. However, generally speaking the sutures and cast come out at 1 week. Visible bruising is usually gone by 7-10 days. The incisions are small and hidden so they will not be noticeable after 10-14 days. You can apply make up to hide any minor redness or bruising at the 1 week mark. Swelling is what takes the longest to resolve. Your nose will look ‘unoperated’ at 2 weeks so no one will know you had surgery. The swelling can take up 12-18 months to fully resolve.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty For Wide Nose

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation. Cost vary from surgeon to surgeon, and depending on the extent of the surgery.   You will have a surgeon's fee, as well as outpatient and anesthesia fees.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD