What is Lipo with PAL system?

PAL

PAL stands for power assisted liposuction. The cannula oscillates back and forth to make it easier for the surgeon.  It does not generate any significant heat.

PAL?

Power Assisted Liposuction uses a combination of vibration and suction to more efficiently remove fat.  It's easier on the surgeon and on the patient.  The cannula moves up and down and back and forth 2mm several thousand times per minute resulting in a procedure that is safer and more effective for the patient.  I use it on every case even if I use SMART lipo with it.Best wishes.

Shayne Webb, MD

Liposuction

PAL was introduced to make life of the surgeon easier by doing less in and out motion for suction, but in reality this device does not contribute much at all.   In reality technique is important and experience for getting amazing results not tools.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

PAL

PAL stands for power assisted liposuction. Basically the metal ends where fat is removed may be moved back and forth using elbow grease or mechanically. Either method is basically equivalent. UAL stands for ultrasonic assisted liposuction and is when the tip of the cannula moves back and forth at 10 to 40 thousand times a secod to produce ultrasonic waves which cause fat cells to burst. 

What is Liposuction with PAL?

PAL stands for power-assisted liposuction. This is a cannula (the instrument that is placed into the fat space and moved back and forth to loosen and suction out fat) that is powered to move to and fro by a few millimeters at the same time the surgeon is moving the cannula through the fat space. It's a way to assist in the loosening up of the fat for suctioning. I used a power system for many years, but don't anymore. I prefer water-assisted liposuction which uses a gentle spray of water (and local anesthesia) to gently help to dislodge the fat for suctioning. More importantly, the experience of the physician is key, not the particular device, whether it's a laser-assisted, power-assisted, ultrasonic-assisted, water-assisted, or just old-fashioned liposuction. Experience and judgement is by far the most important factor.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

What is PAL liposuction

PAL is Power Assisted Liposuction. It is a devices that quickly moves the canula 2mm of distance at 4000 times per second to help remove the fat in more gentle and precise fashion. Basically it acts as a mini jackhammer but in much more precise way.  It still uses the tumescent anesthesia as do all methods of liposuction. In my office I utilize this machine and procedure as needed. We also offer the ultrasonic assisted liposuction, UAL and also called Vaser, which moves the canula a much smaller distance (the thickness of a business card) but at 26,000 times per second. This actually implodes the fat cells prior to suctioning them out of the body. The best liposuction surgeons will have a variety of tools at their disposal since not every patient needs the same operation. Be sure your surgeon has the experience and state of the art tools to get the best result for you.

What is Lipo with PAL system?

PAL simply stands for power assisted liposuction. It is basically a system offered by some plastic surgeons offices that uses a power assisted device that provides an easier, more thorough and precise removal of fat via liposuction. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon