I am having a tummy tuck, have been told to quit smoking cigarettes. Should I also quit smoking marijuana?

Better to stop marijuana and cigarettes

Yes, it’s best to quit smoking marijuana as well before and after your surgery, for the same period as the cigarettes.

Tummy tuck and smoking

Yes, smoking is not good for wound healing whether it is marijuana or cigarettes.  Best of luck........

What about weed?

Thank you for your question. It is important to stop smoking of all sorts prior to any kind of flap surgery, ie: abdominoplasty, facelift. It is not so much the cannabis effect as the vasoconstrictive effects of smoking which clamp down blood vessels and reduce blood flow to an area where we want to enhance blood flow to affect proper wound healing. Smoking increases carbon monoxide as well which is bad for wound healing. If you want to heal up well, best to stop the smoking of all kinds!