Different sizes of implants? Can you order a 425cc and 400cc silicone implant or do they have to be the same exact CC?

Can you order a 425cc and 400cc silicone implant or do they have to be the same exact CC.

Different size implants

Thank you for your question.  You absolutely can order 2 different size silicone implants.  This is most commonly done if there is a difference in your breast tissue, and they use the different sizes to try and even out the breasts.  This is something you definitely want to discuss with your doctor to see if it is right for you.
If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation you can download a free copy of my breast augmentaiton planner at aBetterBreast.com.
Best of luck to you!

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

It's a great question. Your 100% correct that you can order two different sized implants. Even though the size difference is subtle, it will help the breasts become more symmetrical in size.Discuss using two different sized implants with your surgeon so that you two can decide how breast to proceed.

Different sizes of implants? Can you order a 425cc and 400cc silicone implant or do they have to be the same exact CC

It is not uncommon for patients to require different size implants when undergoing a breast enlargement. Most women have a difference in size of the breasts and choosing a different size implant affords an opportunity to achieve better symmetry.

Julio Garcia, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Differential breast implant sizing #plasticsurgery

Its not unusual to place differentially sized implants in patients with asymmetric breast volumes or shapes. I typically try to avoid this, unless a patient has substantial breast asymmetry.

Breast implants a la carte

when surgeons purchase implants, we buy them individually, so yes, it is absolutely possible to customize size and even shape, depending on what you have natively. 25cc is frankly a very subtle difference, but it definitely can be done. Remember, while symmetry is a goal to aim for, no one is perfectly symmetric and that should not be the standard. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Patients with asymmetries often get the best cosmetic results with implants of different sizes for the 2 breasts. Implants can be ordered individually from the manufacturers, not in identical pairs.
I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can you order a 425cc and 400cc silicone implant or do they have to be the same exact CC. = yes surgeons can if necessary #ba

Patients interested in breast augmentation with implants that have significant asymmetry in the breast volume could be placed different size breast implants in each breast (eg. 400cc in one side and 425 cc in the other side). Plastic surgeons can order a pair of breast implants with different volume each since the companies that make them sale them by unit, not exclusively by pair. 

John Mesa, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Yes,  it is certainly possible to have different sizes (and ocacsionally even different profiles) of breast implants utilized in the effort to improve breast symmetry.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.