I am uncomfortable with the size of my nose and honestly don't have the money for a rhinoplasty, what can I do? (photo)

Is it too big for my face?

I'm Uncomfortable with My Nose but No Money

I suggest that you save money until you can afford an experienced surgeon. The most expensive is not necessarily the best but don't shop price. A revision of bad work is very expensive.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

One of the reasons that your nose looks too big is because the chin is recessive and weak. Consider placement of a chin implant under local anesthesia to give better projection to the chin to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. A chin implant is much cheaper than a rhinoplasty. In addition, consider having one or both of the procedures performed by one of the residents under direct supervision of attending  Rhinoplasty surgeon at the local university Medical Center closest to your home town. Many times they offer discounted cosmetic surgery rates.

Rhinoplasty

Hi there, I am sorry you are so unhappy with your nose.You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.I use the Vectra imaging system to help patients see how the nose & chin can be changed.Besides surgery, you might be a candidate to have filler injected into the chin and possibly into the nose to camouflage irregularities or asymmetries.An in-person consultation is necessary to give you all of the viable options available to you.I would recommend that you start saving your money now so you can afford a surgical procedure in the future.Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

I don't have the money for a rhinoplasty, what can I do?

I would suggest saving your money until you can afford surgical intervention.  You can consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in the interim to at least devise a game plan and set a financial goal for yourself.  Additionally, many medical centers have resident run clinics that offer discounted cosmetic procedures supervised by more experienced staff surgeons.  That may be an option for you.  In some instances, a septoplasty (if medically necessary) can help defray surgical costs if your doctor accepts insurance and a septoplasty is performed simultaneously.

In your case, you would benefit from a reduction in your dorsal width and dorsal hump as well as a refinement procedure of your nasal tip.  Another thing that makes your nose appear bigger than what it actually is is your your recessed chin. An implant would allow your chin and nose to harmonize more.  Very often it is necessary to recommend surgery for a receding chin in connection with a rhinoplasty procedure. This is the case because I don't consider the nose as an isolated structure but rather as an important harmonizing component of the face.

Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon