Will my Dr Still Operate on Friday If I Am Sick?

woke up with a nasty cold this morning....two days before my surgery. is it possible that my Dr will still do BL, BA, TT operation?

Delay surgery until you're well!

The mommy makeover is one of the largest procedures performed by cosmetic surgeons.  Because of the magnitude of this procedure, it’s essential that patients be in optimal health before proceeding with surgery.  The presence of a persistent cold may indicate a more serious problem and should be evaluated by your primary care physician.  Until this issue is resolved surgery should be delayed.             In the post-operative period, pre-existing upper respiratory infections can progress to pneumonia.  This can lead to severe coughing which can lead to severe abdominal pain.  In some cases, this can even result in disruption of the abdominal muscle closure.  Although it appears to be a minor cold, it could have big consequences if not handled appropriately.  For this reason, it’s important to delay surgery and evaluate the problem.

Sick before planned surgery

Thank you for your question. If in the unfortunate circumstance that you get sick before your surgery, you may have postpone your surgery until you are better again. If you are feeling sick, I would discuss with your surgeon who may help you decide depending on your individual symptoms.

Sickness and Mommy Makeover

In general, performing elective surgery on a sick individual is not a great idea.  If there is a concern on the part of the patient or the surgeon, the surgery should be delayed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mommy makeover

Unfortunately you may not be able to proceed, but you need to call your surgeon. If you are getting better by the time of your surgery, then he may be willing to proceed. If you are getting worse, then anesthesia may not want to put you to sleep.

Good luck.

Sick two days before surgery

This is very unfortunate but you should contact your surgeon asap.  Sometimes an antibiotic may be in order but this could delay your surgery.  The last thing you want is to show up for surgery and your surgeon has to delay it when it could have been taken care of ahead of time.  This is an individual call that has to be made by your surgeon.  Good Luck!

I Have A Nasty Cold 2 Days Before A Mommy Makeover - What Do I Do?

I am sorry to hear that you have a cold just before a Mommy Makeover.  The question of what you should do can only be answered by your plastic surgeon.  Sometimes, one can get a 24-hour cold that doesn't really affect your immune system.  Sometimes, you can get the flu that is going around which can put you out of commission for weeks at a time. 

Please contact your plastic surgeon ASAP as he or she will determine if your surgery needs to be postponed and for how long.  Your surgeon will also probably involve your anesthesiologist in this decision making process. 

The Mommy Makeover is, by definition, a lengthy and intense combination of surgeries which requires you to be in the best physiologic shape both during and after your surgeries. 

Sick Two Days before Mommy Makeover Surgery?

I'm sorry to hear about your illness 2 days prior to surgery. Although online forums may be useful for many purposes, this type of question can only be addressed by your surgeon.

Generally speaking, elective surgery should be done when you are in “peak form”.  Safety should be everyone's first priority. Otherwise, you are exposing yourself to unnecessary additional risks (some potentially serious) around the time of surgery.

For example, if there is any pulmonary involvement at all ( such as productive cough, wheezing...)  you may be exposed to an increase rate of postoperative complications such as pneumonia.

Again, best to contact your plastic surgeon.  

Sick before surgery

If you have a bad cold, then you should discuss this with your surgeon to be properly evaluated.  Good luck.

You will need to contact your surgeon for the answer. We would not want to take unnecessary risks, and depending upon the nature of the illness, it may be in your best interest to delay and do this with safety in mind. 

All the best. 

Patients who are sick should postpone elective aesthetic surgery.

If you're actively suffering from a cold it would be best to postpone the operation. Aesthetic surgery is completely elective in there is no reason to add additional risk by having the procedure well afflicted with the severe cold. Wait until you feel better and rescheduled case.