Can I avoid a lift? Could I get good results with 397cc? (Photo)

If possible I would like to avoid a lift, but I believe I have something called pseudptosis, what level would you say my sagging is at? Could I get good results with 397cc's? Or would I need o go bigger to avoid a lift? (If possible.)

Thank you for your question. Your areolas don't appear to have descended below the inframammary fold. It may be reasonable for you to proceed with an breast augmentation without a lift. I recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your best option would be. 

All the best. 

Avoid lift

Hello, in my opinion your breasts are lacking volume but do not have major ptosis.  I would not typically do a breast lift in this situation.  If you seek a consult with an experienced PS they will be able to do a full assessment then advise you accordingly.

Lift Necessary?

From your photos it appears that you probably do not need a lift.  Examination will confirm whether this is the case.  As for the implant size, that depends on your cosmetic goals, the quality of your tissues and your anatomic dimensions so this is something you need to discuss with your surgeon.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Can I avoid a lift?

Dear WaitingOnDs,
Your breast shape or droop (pseudoptosis) does not necessarily require a lift unless the implants you are selecting are very small. The range you are considering does not sound small, but what matters more are your measurements on exam. I have found that anatomic implants work beautifully in your situation and it is something you might consider. Following an exam with detailed measurements the shape and profile can be narrowed down. Sientra Classics would be my guess based only on your photos, and these will be available again starting in March. You will likely get a very nice result regardless of what implant you use.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift vs Implants

What has happened to your breasts is very natural. Due to weight loss or pregnancy many women's breasts will deflate over time. The solution is either to fill up the excess skin that you do have with an implant, tighten the skin with a lift, or some combination of the two. An augmentation with an implant will result in less scarring but your breasts will still be lower on your chest. The lift is appealing to some women because it is more natural and does not require an implant, but there is much more scarring involved. A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in cosmetic breast enhancement should be able to help you determine what will give you the results you're looking for.

To lift or not to lift??

I'm afraid breast augmentation alone will not give you higher perkier breasts. You will increase the volume, but not change  breast position. If you are willing to accept larger but saggy breasts, then move forward. Otherwise, you need a lift. Going larger to 'avoid' a lift will only make your current situation worse and more difficult to correct in the long run. I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Would you do better with a lift or not?

To answer this question all you need is to consider one thing. The best breast augmentation results require the implant to be centered on your nipples. With this fact, you will realize that the implant has to sit on your crease and thus the radius of your chosen implant cannot be longer than this distance. If you want a larger implant than this and want perfection, you have to move your nipples up. Yes you do have mild pseudoptosis which is defined as the part of the breast tissue being below the crease, yet the nipples being positioned above the crease. Please see examples of simultaneously performed breast aug and lift.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Do I need a lift

Based on the pictures that you presented it is very likely that you can get an excellent outcome with the implant somewhere between 375 to 425 cc.  You have a little room to play with by varying the projection of the implant. A good way to help settle on a size range is to wear a form fitting sports bra and come in to the office and try on a few implants that would fit your chest width. 

Jonathan Amspacher, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Can I avoid a lift? Could I get good results with 397cc?

I'm afraid we can't comment on specific implant sizes without an exam, but from your photos it seems apparent you can get a very attractive look without going too big and without a lift as long as you want a natural look. The high round look would require large implants and a lift.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift or not

Thank you for the question and photos and from them without an examination you do not need a lift and should get a very good result with the desired volume

Frederic H. Corbin, MD