Just the tip for rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I'm are re-asking my question so that I can be more specific. My nose is long and the tip is getting droopy. Is rhinoplasty that just involves the tip less invasive and easier to recover from? I expect it will be between $5,000 to $10,000. Assuming I don't need the actual bone structure altered?

Correcting the tip of your nose

Thank you for the question and photos! Correcting the droopy tip may be achieved via the standalone procedure known as a tip plasty. Oftentimes, even slight changes to the shape of your nose can produce a dramatic effect on appearance, improve your breathing, and fill you with self-confidence. Correction of the tip cartilages does require a great deal of finesse to ensure that the nasal tip is harmoniously balanced with the rest of your nose; however, you can certainly expect this procedure to be less expensive than a full rhinoplasty.
An in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to fully assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear jazzel, The nose is a three dimensional structure and requires each component of the nose to be addressed to properly balance the nose and provide a natural looking result. In the hands of an expert surgeon rhinoplasty has a very easy recovery and you would be wise to undergo the the entire procedure to get the desired results you are after and not be concerned of short cutting the process for a reduced less invasive procedure and then possibly requiring a revision. I would suggest that you seek consultation with some experts and have imaging performed to show you the proposed results, and review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking results. Once this is done and you have agreed upon the desired result the surgeon can discuss in detail the techniques which will be used to attain the nose you want. See examples of before and afters in the link below and a similar nose in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Limited Rhinoplasty to Improve Tip

You can have a limited surgery to refine the tip and shorten your nose which would be less invasive than a full rhinoplasty. However your sunglasses make it impossible to evaluate your bridge in these pictures. You do want a balanced result so that all parts of your nose are proportional. ???

Full rhinoplasty for droopy tip

A full rhinoplasty is required to adjust the new tip to the bridge line including the cartilaginous and bony dorsum. The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so a full rhinoplasty is required in order to make sure the nose is balanced. Performing only a tip-plasty will leave a very strange and unbalanced nose with your current anatomy. Choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with a rhinoplasty. In addition, digital computer imaging performed  at the time of the consultation and examination would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose. For more information about rhinoplasty and many before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below