I'm looking into doing a body fat transfer from my stomach to my butt. Is 400 to 600 cc per cheek enough? (Photo)

The surgeon who I was considering to do it for me said they can only transfer 400 to 600 cc per butt cheek. Just seems like a little and I was wondering if that would even make a difference, I've seen online some persons who get 1000 cc per butt cheeks and you can see the difference some what. Thank you

I'm looking into doing a body fat transfer from my stomach to my butt. Is 400 to 600 cc per cheek enough?

Thank you for your question and photos. Unfortunately the photos are at an angle that it is difficult to draw a conclusion and you did not provide your height and weight so an educated guess could be made. 400-600cc/buttock might work for a small person, but if you consider that about 30% of the volume is lost long term, you might not see the difference that you are aiming for. Fat transfer from your stomach only will give you even a lower yield. A BBL is an artistic operation, based on your underlying muscle anatomy, the surgeon's technical ability to sculpt your waist, hip, back, abdomen and lower back fat pad, how gently the fat is collected (to preserve maximum survival), how is the fat prepared, how and where does the surgeon place the fat, your ability to heal, postoperative instructions and care. So, there are multiple variables, just to name a few, which leads to a successful and long lasting outcome. See a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Remember, an operation done correctly first time will give you the best results. Any corrective or subsequent surgery is at a disadvantage due to the fat wasted and internal scarring that ensues. Good luck.

How Much Fat Is Enough For A Brazilian Butt Lift?

The amount of fat that can be transferred to your butt for a Brazilian Butt Lift depends on how much fat you have and how much your buttocks will expand as the fat is injected. If a patient does not have more than 500 mL, I do not find that it is worth it to perform the procedure. Having said that, I've made the exception for some very, very slim patients who have begged for me to do it regardless of this fact. Because they were highly aware of the limitations, they were happy with 400 mL in each buttocks. But let me reiterate, these patients had minimal fat. You look like you should have more than 500 mL per buttock. Remember that anywhere from 30 to 50% of the fat will not survive the process. Not everyone can have 1000 mL per buttock but I would say a good average is anywhere from 700 to 800 mL. You're not going to get a an extreme looking shape with that amount,but you should enjoy a more rounded, full projection. To get that extreme look, it often takes more than one BBL procedure. Also adding too much fat at once can lead to major complications. I would recommend getting at most ~1000 mL per side in one surgery. Yes, there are doctors who inject beyond this volume, but I urge you to ask them about their long-term results. Make sure you see their long-term results in pictures - not pictures immediately after the surgery or only six weeks out. If a plastic surgeons is reluctant to show you long-term photos or most of the photos show patients who are still on the operating room table immediately after surgery, I would advise finding someone else. Also, Brazilian Butt Lift is not only about what is added to the buttocks, but also about what is removed from the hips, flanks and stomach areas to give you a curvier shape. Best of luck. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

How much volume per buttock?

Every surgeon obviously has different aesthetic judgment, but, in general, I don't find 400-600 cc per side to be adequate. For patients who are relatively deficient in fat, my goal is still to put in as much fat as possible. Obviously I don't have the benefit of an in person consultation, but my goal for someone like you would be approximately 1000 cc per side.

Hope this helps - Sam Jejurikar, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I  specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

You can probably get double that amount.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Is 400 to 600 cc per cheek enough in a BBL?

Your question is really well rooted in the conversation you have with the surgeon regarding your aesthetic goals, and the surgeons judgment as to whether they are limited in the amount of fat available.  That said, depending on my patients goals, it is not uncommon for me to graft between 400 cc to over 1,500 cc's.

The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is through the roof!  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape.

My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options.

It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. I think that cc's are enough to get injected, you will have very good shape and you will get nice results. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I recommend an in person consultation. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon