Risk of tip dropping after revision rhinoplasty?

I'm looking to get a revision because my tip is slightly off center. In my last surgery my tip was lifted and I want to keep it that way. Is there a risk that my tip would drop if I get a minor revision on my tip.

Tip droop after revision rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns and let him/her know you want to keep the tip where it is.  There is a small chance that your nose would droop after surgery but most revision rhinoplasty surgeons can keep this where it is. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty - Tip Drop

Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult surgeries for several reasons:  1) the structures have been altered by another surgeon's aesthetic that left a result you don't desire  2)you now have scar tissue as a result of the first surgery  3)you still have your own anatomical parameters that dictate the potential of your result.  This said, I would be extremely clear with your surgeon (hopefully a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience in revision rhinoplasty), stating that you do not want your tip to drop.  He or she will weigh the surgical pros and cons and this will help you get the result you desire. 

Good Communication Should Give You the Rhinoplasty Results You Desire

Every surgeon has certain objectives in mind when doing a rhinoplasty.  As long as you and your surgeon have had a good conversation about this before-hand, he or she will have the desired rotation of your tip in mind when doing your rhinoplasty, Increasing the likelihood that you will get the results you desire.  Make sure and have a careful conversation with your surgeon prior to your surgery letting him or her know what things are most important to you.  Your results should be good that way.  Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Revision

Any procedure on the nose has the risk of changing the angle of the tip.  It is important that your surgeon ensure there is adequate tip support during the surgery - this may involve cartilage grafts or suturing of the tip cartilage to other structures.  

Revision rhinoplasty

There is always a possibility that the tip may drop a bit with revision.  Best to be evaluated in person to be properly evaluated.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

There are many variables that go into the support mechanisms of the nasal tip from an anatomical standpoint. In addition, revision rhinoplasty is more difficult than a primary  rhinoplasty, due to scar tissue formation and previous anatomical interruptions from the surgery itself. In most cases, the tip can be lifted when necessary, but is very important not to overdo it, since it will look unnatural. Rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty are difficult endeavors,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Digital computer imaging would also be helpful time of the consultation to get an idea what can be accomplished with your nose. For more information and many  before and after results, please see the link and the video below,