Off center tip after rhinoplasty?

My nose tip is off center and it's been two years since my surgery. I notice that when I apply pressure moving it one side, after a while it stays straight for a couple minutes and then moves back. If i tape it for a a few months overnight when i sleep is it possible I can make the tip centered?

Off center tip after rhinoplasty?

After this much time since surgery, you will need a revision rhinoplasty to change the position of your tip.  Taping won't help.  As others have said, I'd start by consulting your original surgeon if you have a good relationship.  Best wishes.

Once the nose has healed, no taping or pressure will change it

The nose heals within a few months of surgery. No amount of pressure or taping will straighten it. The only thing that occurs after two months is the reduction of swelling that can take up to a year or more. The only thing that will bring the tip of your nose back to the center is revision tip plasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Off center tip after rhinoplasty

Unfortunately, taping your tip 2 years after rhinoplasty will not make it more centered or symmetric in the long run. The only way to make the changes you seem to be looking for is with a revision rhinoplasty.  I suggest that you return to your original surgeon for consultation, but also consult with at least 2 other revision rhinoplasty experts before going ahead with another surgery.  Best of luck!

Dara Liotta, MD

Deviated tip

If you are  unhappy with the tip position then you may need a revision. Sometimes it is difficult to get it completely straight.