Two weeks till BR and I'm starting to get nervous. I'm a 34 FFF and doctor says he can take me to a D?

Worried D will not be small enough, doing this because of undesirable neck and back pain. Should I try and convince doc to go smaller. It's crazy how the closer it gets the more nervous and excited I get.

Worried Breast Reduction will not be Enough

It is natural to be nervous. You are about to undergo surgery.  #Breast reduction can accomplish several things in one procedure. The surgeon can reduce the size of the breasts, make them #symmetrical (same size and shape) and complete a lift. By including a lift with the procedure, your surgeon can also assure correct nipple placement and appropriate areolar size. When you reduce the #size of the breast tissue, you can eliminate some of the medical complications frequently experienced by women with large breasts, reduce sleeping difficulties, increase your likelihood of finding clothing that fits and improve self image. It is impossible to give an exact amount of breast tissue that will be removed prior to the actual procedure, but many surgeons can estimate to final cup size.  Ultimately the size you choose to reduce your breast to, is up to you and your #surgeon. However, if you are removing enough breast tissue to decrease your cup size several sizes, you should notice a significant difference. Thanks for the question and good luck!

Breast reduction

It can be very difficult to make someone very small without sacrificing shape in someone who is very large.  Best to be seen in person to determine what is possible.

Size after reduction

I find this one of the most difficult things to communicate with patients. The biggest problem is there's nothing specific about a cup size.  It is a concept rather than a precision measurement. Keep this in mind when you communicating with your doctor. I'm sure your board-certified plastic surgeon will get you as small as Practical if that is your request. Good luck with your surgery.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon