Has anyone else had this pain or depression? Will it ever get better?

I had a BR on 8/3/16 on 9/20/26 I had a scar revision, by 9/24/16 it opened again. I have been using antibiotic tape and pads from PS, I go back Monday, PS says I may need scar revision again, the problem I'm having is it hurts when standing or in a car, and I'm so depressed. It's the incision coming down from the nipple. My PS took me outta work Monday, but I'm concerned that it won't stop hurting. Has anyone else had this pain or depression? Will it ever get better? ????

Incision issue

It sounds like you did not have scar revision but an attempt to close a previously open wound. I think at this point you might be best to allow it to heal secondarily and then consider scar revision in 6months to a year.  Best to see in person. Good luck.

Has anyone else had this pain or depression after breast reduction?

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced.  It is not surprising, given the complications and ongoing discomfort that you would be feeling somewhat "depressed".   Generally speaking, significant “emotional” swings are quite commonly encountered after all types of elective surgery.   The specific cause of the  "postoperative depression" is not known;  in my opinion, it is probably multifactorial ( factors such as stress, pain, unanticipated length of recovery, being away from usually enjoyed activities/people…).

I suggest that patients do their best to occupy your mind with activities that they enjoy. For example, for our patients experiencing these types of post operative “sadness”, I suggest they walk outdoors (fresh air), see movies, read books they enjoy, seek family/friends' support… 

Requiring reassurance (that what you are experiencing is normal) is also common and to be expected. I would suggest closer follow-up with your surgeon–call and request earlier follow if needed. Hopefully, after follow-up with your surgeon you will find that the "depression" will improve. Usually this occurs as patients become more active and return to their previous activities/lifestyle.  In your case, treatment of the incision line concerns (and hopefully resolution of the pain) should  help in many ways.