How do you order surgical bras when you're going to be smaller?

Any help and recommendations to which one to get would be great. Surgeon is saying a sports bra is all I need.

Bra Size

You should wait until at least 1-month after surgery to shop for bras.  Your surgeon should give you a bra straight out of the operating room I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and bra

Difficult to answer without seeing you. In general, the bandwidth will not change but the cup size will. Often during the early post-op, dressings will be added to cover the incisions so the cup needed will be larger than what you will end up with.

How do you order surgical bras for a breast reduction.

In our practice you would not have to worry about what bra to order as we fit everyone and have a bra on and in place as we finish the breast reduction procedure. This bra serves its purpose until you have a better feel of size for what to wear several weeks after.

There is no “standard” practice when it comes to the use of specific bras or garments after breast surgery. In other words, different plastic surgeons may have different practices when it comes to postoperative dressings/bras. Therefore, best to double check with your plastic surgeon.

For example, in my practice, patients wake up with a surgical bra in place. This surgical bra, although not attractive, is supportive and used for about one month after surgery (some of my patients have been known to burn the bra ASAP). Then, patients transition to a soft sports bra. Wired bras are used when breast implants have reached their “final position” and patients have full sensation along the breast skin. Best wishes.