Can Cellfina be used to treat the from and sides of my thighs?

I went in for a consultation and they said they can only treat the butt and back of thigh. Is that true? Nothing in the front of the thighs or sides?

Cellfina treatment areas

The clinical trials performed and data obtained for Cellfina were performed on the buttocks and outer thighs. This is what the FDA approved in terms of Cellfina treatments. As experience grows with Cellfina, other areas such as the front of the thighs can be treated (if appropriate) with off label usage of Cellfina.

Cellfina treatment areas

Thanks for your questions. The studies were really only done on the buttocks and back side of the thighs, with a small extension to the outer thighs. Therefore, treating the front of the thighs would be considered "off label" use. Perhaps as time goes on, we will see expanded areas that can be safely treated? I hope that helps. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina thigh treatments

Cellfina can be used to treat the front and lateral thighs only if the cellulite in that area is a true cellulite dimple.

Appropriate dimples are skin depressions that your finger dips into when gently touching the skin and the dimple has to be elevated around the dimple on all sides.

If the lines that bother you on the front or sides of your thighs are improved by gently pulling upward on the skin than Cellfina is not appropriate and you may have some benefit from skin tightening.

You may also have superficial cellulite on the thighs and this is also not effectively treated with Cellfina.  Superficial cellulite can be temporarily treated with several devices to smooth its appearance if it is mild.  However you will require maintenance treatments to keep your results.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Cellfina candidate or not

Some areas on the thighs of thighs can be treated but in some areas it can make the leg look worse. I suggest you see an expert for an evaluation. There are many options to get improvement.  For this procedure though, ensure you only go to an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina / Cellulite treatment / Body contouring procedures/ Liposuction

Yes, Cellfina can be used to treat the anterior and lateral thighs.  Cellfina it is the longest lasting FDA cleared treatment to reduce the appearance of cellulite for 2 years. It has a very high patient satisfaction rate and results can be seen in as little as a few days. It targets the structural cause of cellulite by treating the cellulite causing bands. I would recommend a consultation to determine your candidacy.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Cellfina

Cellfina can be used on the front, side, and back of thighs provided that you are treating a cellulite dimple and not other forms of skin changes.

John Burns, MD

Cellfina thighs....

Thank you for your question.  Yes Cellfina can be used to treat the anterior and lateral thighs.  It is important when treating anteriorly that the dimples be treated with the Cellfina device parallel to the long axis of the thigh as that mitigates against the risk of bulges.  We treat anterior thighs with Cellfina regularly.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina treatment

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Where can I get the Cellfina treatment done on my legs?

Cellfina is FDA cleared for posterior thighs and buttocks, however you can treat off label on other areas IF you are a candidate. There are anatomical junctions that need to be avoided, therefore it is of high importance that you be evaluated and properly marked by a trained Plastic Surgeon.
#cellfinaandfrontofthighs  #cellulite  #cellfina

Cellfina is FDA approved for the buttocks and posterior thighs. If true cellulite is present on the anterior or side of the thighs, it could be treated off label in that location. However, I usually see skin laxity as opposed to a cellulite dimple on the anterior thigh. Good luck!