Can a nose job give me the nose that I want? (Photo)

I want to change the way that my nostrils droop down on the sides . I also want the tip of my nose to be slimmer . The first picture is my nose and the second picture is a picture of the exact nose I want.

Can a nose job give me the nose that I want?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Unfortunately the very thick skin of your nose is not going to allow for such a thinner and more sculpted nose shape at the tip. All you can do is work with the nose that you have but the result you are showing is not a realistic expectation from any form of rhinoplasty surgery.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from narrowing the width of your alar base. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

The pictures show a nose with extremely thick skin. The nose you like has thin skin.  I know of no acceptable technique that can aesthetically thin out thick skin, such as yours, and come close to your ideal nose.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Expectation of results from rhinoplasty

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs. While rhinoplasty surgery could narrow both the bridge of your nose and overall width of the nasal base (from the edge of the right nostril to the edge of the left nostril), I do not believe the results that you are showing in your "after" photograph can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery. To get a better understanding of results that can be achieved you might consider having a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist. A rhinoplasty surgeon, after a complete discussion and physical examination of your nose, could explain the expected results to you. Rhinoplasty surgeons frequently use the help of "before and after" photographs of patients with similar noses and computer imaging to help you understand the possible results. I hope you find this answer help and I wish you the best of luck. Thank you again for sharing.
Kind regards,
Dr. Harmych

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose goal

In my opinion - "No". Your skin is what we refer to as "fibro-fatty" making it thicker and stiffer reducing our ability to achieve refinement. In addition, you definitively used the word "exactly". When dealing with human tissues and healing "exactly" doesn't really exist in practical terms.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty that narrows your alar width with excision of a portion of the ala on the base should improve the nostril appearance.  Cartilage reduction of the tip will also refine the tip.  

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD