Can I remove a hanging lipoma at home?

Home remedies

Thank you for your question.  I would definitely discourage you from attempting a lesion removal at home.  Please see your board certified dermatologist who can tell you whether or not the lesion is a lipoma or not, and they will either remove it for you or recommend another course of action. Any growing or changing lesion on the skin should be examined before deciding what to do with it. Best of luck!

Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Removal of lipoma at home

You should not try to remove any type of lesion or mass, including a lipoma, at home.  You could potentially cause more damage.  I would recommend seeing a surgeon to evaluate and possibly remove your lipoma.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I remove a hanging lipoma at home?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Due to the risk of bleeding and  infection I would not advise you to perform any surgical treatment at home.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have your lipoma safely removed.