To correct 'bags' on sides of neck after 14 months of liposuction, will more lipo be the best procedure? (Photo)

Followed all recommended steps to recover; weight 115; moderate fat before lipo. Highly reputable brd. certified doctor.

Post-liposuction treatment

I can understand your disappointment with the results of your procedure. Unfortunately, your photo did not upload. It may be that you have loose skin left after liposuction, or fat left behind. It could be that you need a non-invasive radiofrequency skin tightening procedure, additional liposuction for any remaining fat on the neck, or Kybella injection to dissolve remaining double chin fat. If you have jowls left along the jawline, on either side of your chin, a face lift or Ultherapy would be options. The best way to determine what you need next is to see your surgeon again for an evaluation and recommendation(s).

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Correct post-liposuction "bags" on the sides of the neck.

I'm sorry you had a less than desirable results from a previous liposuction of the neck.The treatment could be anything from another liposuction  to a neck or facelift or even a ThermiTight to tighten the skin. Thank you for your photo but it was too dark to accurately assess.I suggest that you see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for an in-person evaluation to get an adequate assessment and plan. Best of luck to you.

Liposuction - neck bags after liposuction. What treatment?

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.
  • I am so sorry to hear your result is not what you wished -
  • Without a photo - yours unfortunately did not transmit - one can't stay what is needed.
  • It may be more liposuction, or tightening of loose skin or even injection with Kybella - depending on what is causing the 'bags.'
  • Be sure also to have your thyroid level tested if this has not been done -
  • Low thyroid can make tissues swell - and treatment is thyroid medicine, not more surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

To correct 'bags' on sides of neck after 14 months of liposuction, will more lipo be the best procedure?

Without posted photos (all views), and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking, if you have excess skin in the neck area, jowls, cheeks areas- facelift/ neck lift may be indicated. Liposuction alone doesn't treat excess skin.

To correct "bags" on sides of neck after liposuction what would be best procedure?

Thank you for sharing your question. Unfortunately your uploaded photo did not appropriately load into realself and I would encourage resubmitting it for a more formal opinion.  If you were left with excess skin after neck liposuction you may be a better candidate for a neck lift.  Hope that this helps