I want to know is it safe for me to get a BBL/ TT and Lipo 3 1/2 months after having a baby? I am not breastfeeding.

Surgery after baby?...

It would be absolutely fine to have a Tummy tuck and a BBL after having a baby just as long as you are not experiencing and medical problems and are in good health.  Just keep in mind it is best to have a tummy tuck when you are finished having kids.    

How long should you wait after having a baby to haveTummy tuck and BBL?

Thank you for your question. I would suggest you wait for at least 6 months after giving birth before having cosmethic surgery. Make sure your body have reached an stable weight within the safe range with a BMI below 30.  The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. The most important thing is to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.  

Tummy Tuck after child birth

Thank you for your question. In general, I typically recommend patients to wait at least 6 months after child birth to proceed with cosmetic surgery. I advise my patients being at your ideal weight will give the best outcome. I would encourage you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for further individualized advice. Best of luck to you.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Surgery After Pregnancy

It is safe for you to have surgery, but I recommend you wait at least 6 months to a year before proceeding. You may not realize it but your body is still recovering from the pregnancy. Your results will likely be better if you wait. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck and bbl

Hello and thank you for your question. I generally recommend waiting 6 months.  If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  BBL can performed at the same in healthy patients.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

BBL and lipo after pregnancy

3 months after pregnancy may be a bit early. Your goal is to get back down to your pre-pregnancy weight first. Usually I recommend a minimum of 6 months.

Body contouring after child birth

Thanks for reaching out.  While technically feasible I would encourage you to wait another 3 months.  There are many changes to your body during and after pregnancy and your results would be better if you waited a little longer for your body to settle down from all of the changes.  If you think you are back to your pre-pregnancy weight then it could still be done, but a little bit of patience will go a long way for your final results.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

BBL & TT after pregnancy

Congratulations on the birth of your child! Seeing as you are not breastfeeding, I would tell a patient to wait at least 3 months after pregnancy to consider a tummy tuck. This gives the body time to recover and hormone levels to get back to close to normal. If you are not back to your pre-pregnancy weight, I would wait even longer to try and shed those extra pounds before electing surgery. You may want to consider staging these operations seeing as you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. My advice to you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can get a full body examination and come up with the best plan for you. I hope this helps.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after childbirth

hello, thank you for your question. In general, three months is enough for your uterus to return back to size. If you have lost the baby weight, you would need a consultation to discuss specifics.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

After baby

If you've returned to pre pregnancy status, not breast feeding, weight, etc then you may have a mommy makeover.  However, I do not perform tummy tuck with fat grafting to the buttocks at the same time- it increases risks.  Rather, I recommend do them as 2 stages for best results and safest procedures.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.