Orange County/Los Angeles Liposculpture Doctor Recommendations

I'm looking for an expert plastic surgeon in Orange County or Los Angeles to perform liposculpture on my love handles and lower/upper abdomen.

How to Choose a Liposculpture Expert in Los Angeles

The liposculpture doctor you choose should be someone with many years of experience and who does the procedure using the safest techniques and who you feel really comfortable with as well as someone who can answer all your questions to your satisfaction. The golden standard now is the tumescent technique under local anesthesia using the micro canulas. It is a little more expensive but it gives you the best results and is easy to go through and SO worth it.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Expert Plastic Surgeon In Orange County/Los Angeles

Dear Sobham,

I will try to guide you with the least bias possible especially with ample years of experience, triple board certification and numerous awards / recognitions:

(ABPS (American Board of Plastic Surgery)

ABFPRS (American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)

ABO (American Board of Otolaryngology)

Nonetheless,to choose the "best" plastic surgeon to perform your liposculpture is based on multiple elements:

1. Is the surgeon board certified?

2. What is the extent of experience that the surgeon has?

3. Does the surgeon micro-specialize in certain procedures?

4. Does the surgeon tailor his/her performance to better serve the patient (every patient is different and preserving natural looks is crucial).

5. Recognitions and awards do matter as well as reviews.

With that, I believe that at the end of the day only a face to face consultation with the surgeon of your choice could reveal what to anticipate and in which class they fall into.

I encourage you to seek consultation with several surgeons. Only then, you will be able to make an informed decision.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Orange County, Los Angeles, California and USA Liposuction Liposcultpture Surgeon Choice

I think in essence your question is how do I find the best possible Liposuction Liposculpture surgeon to perform this procedure for you. I think the best way of answering this question is by telling you how I personally would pick a surgeon to do this procedure for myself. Admittedly my answer, as are all the answers to this question, is biased based on my many years of training and being triple board certified. As former tenured Professor of Plastic Surgery, but spending most of my career in private practice this is how I would select my surgeon for this cosmetic procedure among the many different specialties that profess expertise and perform this surgery. I am not saying that those surgical specialties are not capable, just how I would pick the best person for the job if I was you: 

First make sure that your liposuction doctor is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only recognized Board Specialty for aesthetic (i.e. "plastic surgery" and "cosmetic surgery"). There are 23 boards that are recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is NOT one of these. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is launching a campaign to educate the public "Just because a doctor wears a white coat doesn't mean he is a plastic surgeon" . This statement is very appropriate in this "buyer beware" environment perspective patients have to negotiate to find someone well trained.

Here are some tips that I personally would use to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for a liposuction procedure:

• Verify Board Certification by American Board of Plastic Surgery (do this online)
• Member of American Society of Plastic Surgery (requirements beyond Board Certification)
• Member of American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (indicates extensive experience            in aesthetic surgery - see below link)
• Look at online review sites - like RealSelf, Health Grades,RateMDs, Google, etc
• Look at Before and After photos
• What is my instinct or "gut reaction" as to who I relate to better, answers my questions more fully   and who I basically trust the most.
• Finally ask yourself - if I was to have a complication, who would be the best to take care of me.

Liposuction Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  You should visit some surgeons in your area and research who would give you the best result.  I recommend that you visit with board certified plastic surgeons who perform this procedure in a very safe setting.  Ask to see many before and after photos as well as speak with previous patients to  hear about their experience.  Best Wishes!

Turf War

Do you notice the "turf war" here. You are best served carefully evaluating your prospective surgeons both online and in the office before you choose. Try to stay out of the fray.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Dr Jeffrey Klein is the developer of modern liposculpture and is a world renown expert practicing in California

Dr Jeffrey Klein is the developer of modern liposculpture and is a world renown expert practicing in California. As liposculpture was developed by dermatologists one's best alternatives may be a board certified dermatologist.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Choosing a liposculpture surgeon

When choosing a lack of sculpture surgeon, your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience in liposuction, liposculpture, and fat grafting techniques. This type of surgeon will understand all aspects of contouring that you may benefit from. Also keep in mind that a significant factor in you achieving your best result is how well you take care of the treated area after surgery. In our practice, we have many patients that travel to Miami for their liposculpture. They stay in Miami 1 to 2 days after their surgery and fly back home wearing their garment at all times. We recommend our patients where their compression garments for 4 to 6 months to achieve their best results

Choosing a Liposuction Expert in Los Angeles

It is often difficult to choose a liposuction expert. The following are simple guidelines to follow: Board certification and experience in the particular method of liposuction are key.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS